Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New E-Passport Machines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Innocent Abroad - were you not scared to take a pic? They told me definitely not when i asked them to take... The same regarding your pics in your Trip Report... but well done anyway! ^
Old Aug 4, 2016, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Innocent Abroad - were you not scared to take a pic? They told me definitely not when i asked them to take... The same regarding your pics in your Trip Report... but well done anyway! ^
benberg2013 - I simply adhered to the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy

Seriously, I did not think there was any problem with pictures taken inside the terminal but can imagine that if you ask the personnel - given Israeli security culture - they would advise you not to do so.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Did you see the sign in the entrance to the immigration hall?
left for biometric passports
right for the card. they wrote gav Kaf yad גב כף יד
but it should be Kaf yad.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:44 am
Original Poster

No, but shall check pretty soon and report....
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

For what it is worth here is a picture of the new non-biometric machines at the departures immigration hall.

Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
For what it is worth here is a picture of the new non-biometric machines at the departures immigration hall.

I was leaving TLV this morning. These machine don not accept the card anymore but scan the regular non-biometric Israeli passsport.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Houminer
I was leaving TLV this morning. These machine don not accept the card anymore but scan the regular non-biometric Israeli passsport.
Yes. was there earlier this week - people were swiping their cards, not working, and not realizing that they could also scan the passport (even though it says on the screen).
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Are the old biometric machines for the cards still there? Do these new machines also work for arrivals or just departures?

Last edited by Dovster; Dec 1, 2016 at 2:44 am
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:40 am
Original Poster

So, do you scan your passport and still use the biometric finger-scan?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
So, do you scan your passport and still use the biometric finger-scan?
Yes.

Just a side point, when I arrived around 3 weeks ago into TLV, we arrived at a B gate, so got off aircraft, walked down the B arrival concourse, and at the end, there was 2 or 3 biometric passport machines, for arrivals. I tried my (UK) passport, but was refused.
What are these for? Are these only for Israeli biometric passports who are not registered in the fingerprint machinemethod?

Last edited by benberg2013; Dec 1, 2016 at 2:58 am
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The biometric machines on arrival are only for Israeli passport holders
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Happy to report that the Biometric passport on departure worked for both Canadien and American biometric passports. The facial recognition needs you to remove glasses if you have them.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
The biometric machines on arrival are only for Israeli passport holders
I tried again last week to use the Biometric machines upon arrival, but again got the "go to border officer" message. By the regular passport control, The guy asked me why I had tried to use the Biometric machines which are only for Israeli passports.

Will they ever make them available for foreign passports? It would often save so much time... (I arrived on the Swiss at 3:35am and there was no queues)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:07 pm

I tried again last week to use the Biometric machines upon arrival, but again got the "go to border officer" message. By the regular passport control, The guy asked me why I had tried to use the Biometric machines which are only for Israeli passports.

Will they ever make them available for foreign passports? It would often save so much time... (I arrived on the Swiss at 3:35am and there was no queues)
I highly doubt it, same way as you cannot use any non-EU biometric passport to enter an EU country, but who knows, maybe one day they will come up with some sort of "trusted travellers" program.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA

They have claimed on and off that there will eventually be reciprocal agreements with Global Entry, but I wouldn't hold out hope on that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.