Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at TLV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by benberg2013
So I think it goes like this: HBO + OLCI = HBO security questions line. If HBO but no OLCI, or OLCI but checking in luggage, general line for security questions.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you are right; mine was an in-between case since I completed OLCI but there was a problem with printing the BP (Iberia's IT is not spotless...).

Before the check-in desks, in areas A, B, C and D, there are a few lines for the security questions, and in each of those areas one of them is designated for "premium passengers". These are for use by Biz pax who are checking in luggage.
I was referring to the queue at the Fast Track; can you go straight to the security screening Fast Lane without staying on line with the HBO pax?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
I travel many times with HBO and since - if I understand correctly - lounge access is only granted with a voucher so I must go first to the counters. It would be annoying to need to go through security just for that. It never happened to me before because I always used my CC to enter. But now things had changed as we all know.
Two points:

1) You probably can manage without the voucher. At the lounge entrance they will have to call though to check eligibility. At least it's that way with BA and Dan+.
2) If you do want to go to the check-in counters (as in this case for the BPs), the premium security lines before the check in desks are really not a problem and don't take much longer than the security line inside for HBO / OLCI passengers. Just make sure you are in the business line.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by economyman
Two points:

1) You probably can manage without the voucher. At the lounge entrance they will have to call though to check eligibility. At least it's that way with BA and Dan+.
2) If you do want to go to the check-in counters (as in this case for the BPs), the premium security lines before the check in desks are really not a problem and don't take much longer than the security line inside for HBO / OLCI passengers. Just make sure you are in the business line.
In the regular Dan, I've seen them give people issues about entrance without the voucher. I've found, ironically enough, "pushy" foreigners to have the most success in the front desk "giving up" and calling (or even just letting in based on BP)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
This is embarrassing for me to admit but although I have traveled in Delta's Business Elite across the pond many times, I have never known about a Fast Track area for inspecting carry ons.

On Sunday, I will be flying Alitalia with my ex and my daughter. All three of us have FC tickets. Yes, I knew to stand in the FC line for the pre-check in questioning and to go to the AZ First Class line for check in, but does this mean that the three of us can avoid the longer lines for having our carry ons and clothing checked?

If so, where do I find the Fast Lane? I presume I show my passport and boarding pass to the same person at the entry to the security area (is that correct?) but where do I go from there?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
This is embarrassing for me to admit but although I have traveled in Delta's Business Elite across the pond many times, I have never known about a Fast Track area for inspecting carry ons.

On Sunday, I will be flying Alitalia with my ex and my daughter. All three of us have FC tickets. Yes, I knew to stand in the FC line for the pre-check in questioning and to go to the AZ First Class line for check in, but does this mean that the three of us can avoid the longer lines for having our carry ons and clothing checked?

If so, where do I find the Fast Lane? I presume I show my passport and boarding pass to the same person at the entry to the security area (is that correct?) but where do I go from there?
No need to be embarrassed - it's relatively new. It's in place of the regular hand-bag security check, so after checking in and dropping off bags.

You go to the regular security but instead of going through the glass doors where they scan your boarding pass, go all the way to the right. There will generally be a person with a clipboard, and you should see the metal detectors kind of outside the security area.

That's where to go and generally much faster (I have yet to encounter a real line)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
You go to the regular security but instead of going through the glass doors where they scan your boarding pass, go all the way to the right. There will generally be a person with a clipboard, and you should see the metal detectors kind of outside the security area.

That's where to go and generally much faster (I have yet to encounter a real line)
If I understand correctly, you are referring to the area opposite McDonald's. Is there a "Fast Lane" sign (either in English or Hebrew) or do I just look for someone with a clip board?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
If I understand correctly, you are referring to the area opposite McDonald's. Is there a "Fast Lane" sign (either in English or Hebrew) or do I just look for someone with a clip board?
Not in front of McDonald's (or Burger King or Burger Ranch, whatever it is these days). More central. I meant that the far right of the security area, but that should be opposite Swavorski or Michal Negrin if I'm not mistaken.

There should be signs (think of posters on a stand as opposed to massive hung signs on the wall). It's immediately to the right of the hang-bag only security line
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:59 am

Not in front of McDonald's (or Burger King or Burger Ranch, whatever it is these days). More central. I meant that the far right of the security area, but that should be opposite Swavorski or Michal Negrin if I'm not mistaken.

There should be signs (think of posters on a stand as opposed to massive hung signs on the wall). It's immediately to the right of the hang-bag only security line
Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by economyman
Two points:

Yes, cheers!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:07 am

I was flying out of TLV this morning, my experience was:
1. No issues at the HBO security questioning desk, there was no queue whatsoever, there was one lady interviewing and 2 agents, I was asked 4 or 5 questions and was given the sticker on the passport.
I noticed there is a place for a queue in the HBO screening area, and a screen saying "fast track" pointing directly to the desk, I couldn't make much sense of it but since it was empty I didn't try to.

2. Didn't spot any special line for J class for the luggage scan/metal detectors, did I miss anything?

3. No issues getting into the lounge without any invitation, the agent scanned my BP and stamped it (didn't have an invitation since I didn't pass through the checkin counters), as always there were pax trying to enter and being denied entry, (I don't think they are status pax/business class, just ones that are hoping they can get in ), and pax who cannot wait in line and have to go directly to the counter and wave their BP...

Also from past experience, going into the normal security before the checkin counters when I had to checkin bags, saying to the lady at the entrance my destination caused her to direct me to the regular queue, adding "SkyPriority" was enough for her to direct me into the "fast track" queue, I was never asked to show a boarding pass.
While the "fast track" queue is shorter, it is not always quicker from my experience.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Your second point is answered by your first.
Next to the HBO screening (security questions line) that is the J fast track for metal detector and baggage scanning.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:52 pm

I never had an invite to the lounge. They always just look at my boarding pass to see what class I am flying in.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto
I was flying out of TLV this morning, my experience was:
1. No issues at the HBO security questioning desk, there was no queue whatsoever, there was one lady interviewing and 2 agents, I was asked 4 or 5 questions and was given the sticker on the passport.
I noticed there is a place for a queue in the HBO screening area, and a screen saying "fast track" pointing directly to the desk, I couldn't make much sense of it but since it was empty I didn't try to.

2. Didn't spot any special line for J class for the luggage scan/metal detectors, did I miss anything?
The "Fast Track" you saw was the special line for First/Biz class pax. You entered the standard screening area which only has "special" lines for disabled pax and staff/crew.

(I don't think they are status pax/business class, just ones that are hoping they can get in )
This may or may not be true. They could also be pax who used to have access from their credit card and the credit card policy changed, so while not technically status, they may have been legitimately (in their eyes) trying to access, and not trying to just "sneak in."
Old May 1, 2016, 3:09 am

Your second point is answered by your first.
Next to the HBO screening (security questions line) that is the J fast track for metal detector and baggage scanning.
OK so I guess I missed that one.. I didn't see any separate entrance to the metal detector/baggage scanning area, nor was I forwarded to one by the security questioning lady, even though I was flying in J
Old May 1, 2016, 3:13 am

This may or may not be true. They could also be pax who used to have access from their credit card and the credit card policy changed, so while not technically status, they may have been legitimately (in their eyes) trying to access, and not trying to just "sneak in."
That I can get, but what's the point of making noise and arguing with the lounge dragon about it while people are waiting in the queue to get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.