Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at TLV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Fast Track at TLV

Starting Wednesday, there will be a fast track for carry on security at Ben Gurion:
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4616181,00.html
(Hebrew only).

BC and FC pax are eligible, as well as whoever buys the VIP service. The article says nothing about upper-level FF members flying Y.

Shuly
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
I asked LY, on the Facebook, who is eligible. They didn't give me an answer and told me to ask the Israeli airport authority. Guess we will need to wait and see.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold
http://www.iaa.gov.il/he-IL/rashot/n...ndluggedg.aspx

The official announcement from the Israel Airports Authority only says First, Business, and people who have paid for the service.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: *A
Long overdue IMO. Although having said that, fast track is less necessary in TLV than in some other airports (LHR T5 ).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sds1493
Long overdue IMO. Although having said that, fast track is less necessary in TLV than in some other airports (LHR T5 ).
T5 doesn't have Fast Track??
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:07 pm

T3 has but it's no help. They check anything that looks bulky, any groups of cords/ plugs, coins. I was just there trying to catch a flight but my bag got flagged. She was checking my shaver, books, anything, why take any carry on?
Missed the delta 0003 by a few mtns, got on the Virgin Atlantic 2 hours later, much much better service, got 4 seats to myself, not a bad exchange.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Of course it does (although sometimes it's more like farce track) as do all other LHR terminals.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubman
Of course it does (although sometimes it's more like farce track) as do all other LHR terminals.
That's what I thought, which makes me not really understand the comment I responded to
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
In my own experience, South security seems faster than North security at LHR T5
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by joshwex90
My point was that security in TLV is generally fairly quick, especially when compared to other airports. Hence fast track is less necessary than in, say, T5. There is a long thread on the BA forum describing the security woes, most of which are not even alleviated by an expedited service. Rereading what I wrote shows that it wasn't as clear in words than it was in my mind.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Fast Track at TLV

I seem to remember a pilot of this service was running in late 2013....
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:38 pm

I for one am very happy to hear about a new Fast Track system. Contrary to what some of you are saying i have stood 45 minutes in the security line. There have been only a handful of stations open. Then, when they finally DO open more stations, they are behind where I am standing--so people who came later, got through faster. This has happened more than once. I have also found a large amount of people seem it is acceptable to push their way to the front---since they dont feel they should wait in lines!

I can't wait for a report to see if they are actually enforcing the guidelines. I know many Israelis have great difficulty with the 'honor" system in items like this.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by awayIgo
I for one am very happy to hear about a new Fast Track system. Contrary to what some of you are saying i have stood 45 minutes in the security line. There have been only a handful of stations open.
The longest I ever waited for security was 15 minutes (we're talking hand-luggage security, not the old pre-checkin security). Typically, it's a breeze, no more than 5 minutes 80% of the times. I do agree though that the system is annoying, it would have been much better to have a single line.

Shuly
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Will be interesting to see if they actually check people's tickets to see if they are in J or F.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYTA
Will be interesting to see if they actually check people's tickets to see if they are in J or F.
I can tell you next week if it's operational and if they bother checking. I may even photoshop a BP without C listed just to see if they notice, and show my airport-provided one as a backup in case they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.