Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Flying with just hand luggage from TLV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying with just hand luggage from TLV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Just to let everyone know that the "carry-on" only security check point on the right side behind the checkin counters had a 50-60 person queue today and took 25 minutes, with 4 people working the queue!! It is no longer fast.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
Just to let everyone know that the "carry-on" only security check point on the right side behind the checkin counters had a 50-60 person queue today and took 25 minutes, with 4 people working the queue!! It is no longer fast.
But you can still use the normal pre-checkin security queue if you think it is faster.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by hnussbacher
Unfortunately that is not unusual; also encountered long queues there in recent months.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ditto
But you can still use the normal pre-checkin security queue if you think it is faster.
It likely isn't
Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
And then, add Cofix to T3 as well! Turn T1 into a real terminal, with a domestic side and an international side. That's ridiculous that they bus pax over (and good to know as I'm flying U2 soon without bags - I would've gone to T1 for no reason!)
IAA recently published that they're going to build a duty free zone in T1, which will end the bussing from T1 airside to T3 airside.

Btw, T1 already has a domestic side and an int'l side.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by FlyingELAL
IAA recently published that they're going to build a duty free zone in T1, which will end the bussing from T1 airside to T3 airside.
But don't some flights, for example, I've seen easyjet , using a jetway into T3, which would mean pax would anyway be bussed to T3?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by benberg2013
But don't some flights, for example, I've seen easyjet , using a jetway into T3, which would mean pax would anyway be bussed to T3?
It also means that T1 flights will be parked near T1, in bus gates.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Well presumably all T1 flights would be bussed, leaving the jetways open for T3 flights.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Today leaving for LTN the fast track HBO line was 20 deep while there was no line at the monarch checkin 90 minutes before departure - three people working there and only two at fast track. Not the most efficient allocation of resources.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:32 pm

Today noticed that there is a new arrangement of the HBO / Fast Track Security areas. On the right hand side of the hall (the "original" one) there is now only Fast Track security. The HBO screening has moved to a new location on the left hand side, where they conduct the screening. On that side there are some x-ray machines but they were not in operation. So you would have to go to the right hand side for the screening and then walk to the other area to go airside.

The original right-hand area:

The new left-hand area:
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Today noticed that there is a new arrangement of the HBO / Fast Track Security areas. On the right hand side of the hall (the "original" one) there is now only Fast Track security. The HBO screening has moved to a new location on the left hand side, where they conduct the screening. On that side there are some x-ray machines but they were not in operation. So you would have to go to the right hand side for the screening and then walk to the other area to go airside.
That new left-hand side was there in April already, though questioning still took place on the right hand side.
I recall seeing it empty (I think there was one working x-ray machine) and so I asked the agent if we could use it instead of going to the normal x-ray machines (we had the questioning before check-in as we had luggage to check-in) and he said yes.

Needless to say most people that came through from that side just kept on walking
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:53 am

That new left-hand side was there in April already, though questioning still took place on the right hand side.
I recall seeing it empty (I think there was one working x-ray machine) and so I asked the agent if we could use it instead of going to the normal x-ray machines (we had the questioning before check-in as we had luggage to check-in) and he said yes.

Needless to say most people that came through from that side just kept on walking
I think I saw the set-up in May but never seen it operating. I noticed today someone who came to the right-hand facility and stood in line for the x-ray but once they realized he did not go over the first screening they sent him all the way to the left-hand area Needless to say that there are almost no sign showing which is which...
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I think I saw the set-up in May but never seen it operating. I noticed today someone who came to the right-hand facility and stood in line for the x-ray but once they realized he did not go over the first screening they sent him all the way to the left-hand area Needless to say that there are almost no sign showing which is which...
Yeah signage is not so good at that part of TLV, and of course most pax don't realize they have to go through questioning before heading to security.

The crowd on the "right hand side" picture doesn't look like your typical fast-track passengers, is it now being used also for HBO passengers?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:14 am

The crowd on the "right hand side" picture doesn't look like your typical fast-track passengers, is it now being used also for HBO passengers?
That's exactly what I thought; I have no idea what is going on. One thing I did notice that this is also the lane for people with disabilities and there is a big sign saying that only one person can accompany him/her.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
The left-hand area has been occasionally used in previous months. I got used first to check whether there is anything going on "left hand" side before proceeding to "right hand".

I do not see anything atypical about the above fast-track passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.