Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Flying with just hand luggage from TLV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

I've seen on the ben gurion airport website that if you are flying with only hand luggage you can go straight to the security for the gates and bypass the checkin area in the terminal.

Does anyone know whether you can do that if you are flying a low-cost carrier where you checkin at Terminal 1 and then they bus you back to Terminal 3? As I've already checked in online, I have no checked baggage - do I really need to shlep to Terminal 1 so that they can bus me back to Terminal 3?

Specifically flying Easyjet in this case, but I would imagine the same question applies for the other low cost carriers from Terminal 1.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: *A
I was wondering the same thing. Where does the pre-security check take place if one doesn't check in?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by sds1493
Where does the pre-security check take place if one doesn't check in?
Near the entrance to the security screening.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Happy to report that my wife was able to go straight in through terminal 3 since she had checked in online and had only hand luggage, even though she was flying EasyJet which checks in through Terminal 1.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Does that apply at all hours and for all airlines? If I have a home printed boarding pass for TK is that enough?
I am happy to miss out on the lounge invitation...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Does that apply at all hours and for all airlines? If I have a home printed boarding pass for TK is that enough?
Do Online check-in print your boarding pass. and go straight to the booth near the entrance to the Security check

did it with BA and everything went smooth (Saturday evening flight). i'm pretty sure it works 24/7.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
I've done it with TK.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Interesting question - how does one get to the lounge if doing OLCI and not checking luggage?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Interesting question - how does one get to the lounge if doing OLCI and not checking luggage?
No problem at all - they will photocopy your BP at lounge. I have done it for BA, LX, TK and others.
You only miss out on the newspaper voucher (for BA, LH, OS etc).
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Newspaper voucher means little to me. And that's good to know - thanks! (Though now seemingly irrelevant with the Amex Anashim Umachshavim card)
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by nombody
Happy to report that my wife was able to go straight in through terminal 3 since she had checked in online and had only hand luggage, even though she was flying EasyJet which checks in through Terminal 1.
This is actually amazing news as I have done Easyjet with hand-luggage before and gone to T1 - will be happy to save a few minutes now although in my experience the security and passport controls at T1 were faster than T3 so it isn't that much of a difference.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Lounge with OLCI

Originally Posted by 2035
No problem at all - they will photocopy your BP at lounge. I have done it for BA, LX, TK and others.
You only miss out on the newspaper voucher (for BA, LH, OS etc).
Yes it works, I have done it with UA, TK and LH. I wonder if it works for all airlines. Anyway, maybe being shut out of the lounge is a good thing, almost anywhere would be quieter and more relaxing... Even the bathrooms are usually cleaner than the Dan lounge ones.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYTA
This is actually amazing news as I have done Easyjet with hand-luggage before and gone to T1 - will be happy to save a few minutes now although in my experience the security and passport controls at T1 were faster than T3 so it isn't that much of a difference.
If traveling to the airport by car I would probably agree with you. But if you go there by train, you would need to take the slow shuttle bus to T1, clear security, and then take another bus back to T3 past security. So in that case, it's much better to go straight in through T3 security.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:13 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
you can get your lounge voucher (at least from BA)

i passed the line at the regular check-in area (went from the side).told the security guard i already did check-in and i think even showed him my sticker on the passport (from doing the hand-luggage check-in) and told him i just need to take something from the airline desk so he let me go threw. no line at check in at BA J, took from them the voucher for Dan+.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:32 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
I am flying CyprusAir which doesn't allow online checkin from TLV. Can I go straight to the checkin counter - bypassing security - get a boarding card and then walk around to the back and go to the security (only hand luggage) check-in afterward? Or will they not allow me to checkin without having gone thru security?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.