Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

LY To Start BOS-TLV June 28, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LY To Start BOS-TLV June 28, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Yep! Travel with little kids is its own beast, and getting there fast trumps getting there in style. I wouldn't have had this opinion before kids, and I'll probably go back on it once they're older, but for now, that's where I'm at.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
Yep! Travel with little kids is its own beast, and getting there fast trumps getting there in style. I wouldn't have had this opinion before kids, and I'll probably go back on it once they're older, but for now, that's where I'm at.
Fair enough. Plus, if anyone complains that your kids are bothering them, and "kids shouldn't be flying C," you can reasonably turn around and say: "THIS IS BUSINESS CLASS?! I THOUGHT THIS WAS COACH!!"
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
I can't get any to come up yet for July or August searching for the BOS-TLV-BOS direction. Hopefully I'll see them soon.

Provided the difference isn't completely out of line, I'm certainly willing to pay a bit more for nonstop.
The announcement was premature. The board has yet to approve this route being started.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Quote:

Fair enough. Plus, if anyone complains that your kids are bothering them, and "kids shouldn't be flying C," you can reasonably turn around and say: "THIS IS BUSINESS CLASS?! I THOUGHT THIS WAS COACH!!"
Lol!! Touché!!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by MAH4546
The announcement was premature. The board has yet to approve this route being started.

Both LY's USA Verified Twitter and Facebook pages are saying its opening for booking tomorrow. I have no clue if the board met recently or not but its been awhile since the original announcement.

Also - this page was posted with pricing.

http://www.elal.com/en/Deals/Offers/...on-060115.aspx
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
They are advertising new business class seats. Anyone hear anything about this?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by NYTA
Paying that kind of a premium for a nonstop isn't too unreasonable.
Well, it's not really just about the non stop factor but the product itself as well.
I would hardly call $1700 a small premium, especially when you're comparing LY's subpar premium product to BA's or LX's excellent products.

I don't enjoy long flights one bit so I would rather stop over in LHR or ZRH, enjoy the nice lounges and continue from there making the journey 3-4 hours longer split into two relatively shorts flights which really isn't a big deal.

Never mind the fact that I can then use the miles/points I earn on any OW or *A member and not restricted to LY where I now have to pay more than ever to redeem these points.

But we all have our own preferences and if you guys didn't feel the way you did, LY would be long out of business I guess....
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Apologies, I made a mistake when checking the pricing yesterday.

Its the flights going vie JFK that are priced at $4300, and the new nonstop flights are $3500 with special business rates.

however, choose a flexible fare (i.e no changes/cancellation fees) and the difference is staggering.

LY: $6800
BA $4090
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep! Travel with little kids is its own beast, and getting there fast trumps getting there in style.
Agree to a degree.

In Economy for sure, especially as the prices are not that different (BA seem to be around $200 cheaper) but I wouldn't pay thousands of dollars more (and it would be if it's the family) if I were taking the family in biz to fly direct.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by clubman
Apologies, I made a mistake when checking the pricing yesterday.

Its the flights going vie JFK that are priced at $4300, and the new nonstop flights are $3500 with special business rates.

however, choose a flexible fare (i.e no changes/cancellation fees) and the difference is staggering.

LY: $6800
BA $4090
Don't forget - LY management doesn't think this way. The general traveling public are the "friarim" as compared to the Israeli corporate customers who pay for Y and get upgraded with status or have negotiated low J fares likely with better cancellation terms. I know that when I worked on Wall Street and flew paid J to TLV from JFK or EWR, I frequently got upgraded to F because I was probably one of the only people in the J cabin that paid for J.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:41 am

Agree! Wish I were in a position to take the kids in biz. Since Y it is, get me there as fast as possible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.