Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

ELAL KD Lounges/Lounge Access across the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ELAL KD Lounges/Lounge Access across the world

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver. LY KD. Amex UK Plat. Avis President. Sixt Plat. Hertz President.
PL guesting into KD

Originally Posted by clubman
Yes, you can guest one person in regardless of whether you're traveling LY or not.
Is this still allowed? Called this morning and they claim only TP can do that although they didn't sound confident.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by bazbaz1
Is this still allowed? Called this morning and they claim only TP can do that although they didn't sound confident.
Indeed the rules have changed since 2012, and now only TP can enter when not flying LY.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Silver. LY KD. Amex UK Plat. Avis President. Sixt Plat. Hertz President.
Originally Posted by clubman
Indeed the rules have changed since 2012, and now only TP can enter when not flying LY.
Thank you. Appreciated
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
KD Lounge time before the flight

I was wondering if the lounge is open 24 hours a day (excluding Saturday obviously)?
Is it possible to access the lounge 5-6 hours before the flight?

I have an early flight TLV-WAW at around 5AM in J, was planning on going out with colleagues for a few drinks in TLV and arriving at the airport at around midnight or maybe 1AM instead of getting a hotel room for such a short time.

Are they serving food and alcoholic drinks during the night? I can also access the Dan lounge which is open 24 hours a day using PP but would obviously prefer the KD Lounge.

Also, would it be a problem to check-in so early? I'm not sure yet if I will be traveling with or without luggage.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler

Also, would it be a problem to check-in so early? I'm not sure yet if I will be traveling with or without luggage.
I can only try and answer this.
I once tried to check-in luggage 6 hours before a flight and they refused.
4 hours is not a problem.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
I was wondering if the lounge is open 24 hours a day (excluding Saturday obviously)?
Is it possible to access the lounge 5-6 hours before the flight?

I have an early flight TLV-WAW at around 5AM in J, was planning on going out with colleagues for a few drinks in TLV and arriving at the airport at around midnight or maybe 1AM instead of getting a hotel room for such a short time.

Are they serving food and alcoholic drinks during the night? I can also access the Dan lounge which is open 24 hours a day using PP but would obviously prefer the KD Lounge.
I just got back from a very early flight to Vienna in J (February 10 6:30AM). Around 3:45 or 4AM I was already in the lounge and it was quite active. Food and beverage was still being cranked out and replenished, including the fresh pastries/breads. Alcohol was available (beer and plenty of wines), although the whisky bar was closed. I think I overheard one of the attendants mentioning to a guest that they could get him some whisky if he wanted, despite the whisky bar being closed.

No massages during these hours, though
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
I'm fling LY-338 AMS-TLV on April 5th but in Y.

Anyone on here travelling in J and care to quest me into a lounge if it's possible?

I never fly LY so please accept my apologizes if this is a n00b question.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH silver --> nothing, LY gold --> nothing
Hi guys,
I'm based in SAN these days so don't fly LY.
Any chance someone can guest me in Jul/31 noonish?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
Hello friends

My son and his girlfriend are flying LY 001 on the 24/8 at 00:30

Is there anyone that can invite them on the 24/8 at 22;30 0r 23:00
thanks for any help and I will read your mind in return

thanks
Lior Manor
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
OMG! The lounge at JFK just gets worse and worse. The food and drinks is good, but it gets overcrowded quickly and the bathrooms are terrible. Men's bathroom has just one urinal and one toilet. The toilet provides no privacy and the toilet paper is the cheapest available in NYC as are the paper towels. The doors and handles are all sticky and haven't been cleaned in years. I would sooner use my Priority Pass next time then go to the KD Lounge in JFK.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by hnussbacher
OMG! The lounge at JFK just gets worse and worse. The food and drinks is good, but it gets overcrowded quickly and the bathrooms are terrible. Men's bathroom has just one urinal and one toilet. The toilet provides no privacy and the toilet paper is the cheapest available in NYC as are the paper towels. The doors and handles are all sticky and haven't been cleaned in years. I would sooner use my Priority Pass next time then go to the KD Lounge in JFK.
Agree! Could it be that LY anticipates getting moved out of T4 with Delta's "takeover"?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Agree! Could it be that LY anticipates getting moved out of T4 with Delta's "takeover"?
That would explain why it hasn't changed in 10 years.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: LY, DL, AA, LH
Hi everybody,

Do C passengers have access to any lounge in VCE? I'm planning to go there at the end of the month and I'm thinking about flying in C using cash+points. Not having lounge access would make it less worthwhile.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mgilat
Hi everybody,

Do C passengers have access to any lounge in VCE? I'm planning to go there at the end of the month and I'm thinking about flying in C using cash+points. Not having lounge access would make it less worthwhile.
I flew there a few years ago and had lounge access.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:16 am

Smile King David First class lounge at TLV.

We took the morning flight to LHR on a Friday, thus there were no other First class flights from El Al.
This meant we had the First class lounge all to ourselves, as we were the only passengers in First.
The lounge is located next to the King David business lounge - to the right of the reception.
The lounge is MUCH smaller than the beautiful biz-lounge, but that's understandable.
The food in the lounge was basically the same as in the biz-lounge, with some finer cheese offerings and perhaps more decent alcohol.
An attendant popped in every 15 minutes to make sure we were doing ok, but most of the time we were there all alone, so we basically spent the time relaxing on the sofas and eating Kosher food.
All in all, a lovely experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.