Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar in Phila. help...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, Eurobonus, Hertz Gold, Dollar Express, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat.
Dollar in Phila. help...

Does anyone know which SUVS are in the "IFAR" class at the Philly airport Dollar location?
Renting in May for 3 weeks so was just curious if anyone knows what their fleet is for that class.

Happy Holidays
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:24 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
The fleet may change before you rent in May. I could call Dollar and ask them. You could also call the 800 # and tell them that you would like the # for the PHL location so that you can ask directly. Just remember that the fleet may be different than it is now. I am not sure when they get different cars but sometimes not only the year of the cars change but the actual models. I rent frequently from there and the staff has always been quite helful.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, Eurobonus, Hertz Gold, Dollar Express, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
The fleet may change before you rent in May. I could call Dollar and ask them. You could also call the 800 # and tell them that you would like the # for the PHL location so that you can ask directly. Just remember that the fleet may be different than it is now. I am not sure when they get different cars but sometimes not only the year of the cars change but the actual models. I rent frequently from there and the staff has always been quite helful.
Hi..

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Europe and everytime I have called Dollar (in the past) in the US...I am on hold for quite awhile and rather not run up my phonebill lol.
We usually rent Fullsize (charger or C300) but this time we went with something different (an SUV).
I know they sometimes change their fleet but for the past 5 or so yrs we have the c300 or charger...as I said so they haven't changed so much..atleast in that class.

And I have to say...I have heard some horror stories about Dollar but been very lucky to never had any problems *knock on wood* when dealing with the people at that location.
I see you're in Florida...renting from Orlando airport (MCO) in March...never been to this Dollar location so will be interesting to see if it will be "trouble-free" like up North lol.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by nordictat2
HI'm in Europe and everytime I have called Dollar (in the past) in the US...I am on hold for quite awhile and rather not run up my phonebill lol.
Skype is your friend. It's completely free to call a 1-800 number via Skype.

There are so many ways these days to make super-cheap international phone calls that this really shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I'd expect the selection to consist of Ford Escapes (don't get--WAY too underpowered) and Jeep Liberties (the much better choice). You might also see a Dodge Nitro (same chassis as the Liberty but just feels cheaper) or a Ford Edge (technically a Premium but sometimes used as an SUV).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.