Wiki Posts
Search

Huston (IAH) wheelchair help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Huston (IAH) wheelchair help

looking for information about wheelchair help in concourse B at IAH, especially the south 1-31 gates.
My husband needs a wheelchair between gates. Our connecting flights are in the small RJ145's so chances are we will come in and leave from a B gates. Will the wheel chair take you to where you actually board the flight or just the waiting area? I looks like it can be a far walk from waiting area to planeside. Wheelchairs available?

A few years ago we got caught in a real buzz saw at IAH. Came in on a large plane and were met with a wheelchair planeside and then an electric cart. The cart left us off at the entrance to the tram (to change concourses) with no wheel chair help. Asked the cart person what to do and he said wheelchair person should be around soon. We waited around 20 minutes, looking at about 15 empty wheelchairs without anyone around to help. Eventually I pushed my husband up the elevator and onto the tram, got off the tram, down the elevator, and still no pushers in sight. I pushed him long distance to the gate, asked for help at gate to wheel him to the plane and was assured help would be coming. No help in sight when flight was called. Asked at gate again, if help was available and they just shrugged and ignored us. Again I pushed him to planeside with the help of some kind travelers to carry our carryon luggage.

Any positive experiences about the "NEW" IAH and wheelchair assistance from planeside to planeside?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: United MP
I can't use the electric carts, so the pusher has to stay with me. That's the only answer I can think of. Once in Europe they wheeled me to a waiting area and said someone would come. They did come, but it was a the last possible minute, causing unnecessary stress. We barely made it. They just don't understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.