Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Handicapped permit

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by nytango
I would caution that while NYS does honor other states blue hang tag that is not true of New York City. NYC does not honor any (even NYS hang tag) for parking anyplace on the street. There are no handicapped spaces on the streets and the only permit accepted is the NYC Permit placard which is not a hang tag. In NYC you will be ticketed and possibly towed if you rely on any blue hang tag.
Correct. This was mentioned in some other thread about permits - states have reciprocity, which means that you can use your State X tag in State Y exactly as residents of State Y can use theirs. So you need to know the nuances. In NYC, you're screwed. In Denver, you don't have to feed the meter. In Boulder, you do. Etc., etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.