Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

How is Denver for wheelchair from gate to gate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 10:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Will be connecting through Denver (GRR-ANC) this coming week and have never been there. Have requested wheelchair help between gates for my husband. He has needed help to get bewteen gates for the last 8 years, so we have been through lots of airports, just never Denver.

We have about 70 min connection time (was 100 min when I first booked and they kept changing the times)

We will be traveling in and out of concource B, but probably come in at the far 70-90's gates and departing from the other end 20's gates. It looks like a pretty straight shot, but long. Are electric cars available, or is it usually wheelchair pushers? Any problems to be aware of??
Old May 3, 2013, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by wonderer
Will be connecting through Denver (GRR-ANC) this coming week and have never been there. Have requested wheelchair help between gates for my husband. He has needed help to get bewteen gates for the last 8 years, so we have been through lots of airports, just never Denver.

We have about 70 min connection time (was 100 min when I first booked and they kept changing the times)

We will be traveling in and out of concource B, but probably come in at the far 70-90's gates and departing from the other end 20's gates. It looks like a pretty straight shot, but long. Are electric cars available, or is it usually wheelchair pushers? Any problems to be aware of??
My 78 year old Aunt's home airport is Denver. She has been using a wheelchair there for the last 7 or 8 years with no issue. I would confirm with the departure airport gate agent just to make sure they have ordered it. We just went to Paris in March, she spoke of how helpful they were at DEN.
Old May 4, 2013, 11:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks, it looked pretty simple. Glad for information.
Old May 5, 2013, 10:59 am

Denver is my home airport. I use my own wheelchair, but have noticed very few electric trolleys compared to wheelchair pushers in the B concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.