Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 4:01 pm

I remember as a kid wondering what a sad and painful life a boneless skinless chicken would have. You think that thought would have turned me off of chicken altogether. Nope, I ended up working at a Chick-Fil-A through high school to save up for college
Old May 16, 2015, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by bamavol
dammit, i had one. But i think it got rightsized.

Originally Posted by big4flyer
i remember as a kid wondering what a sad and painful life a boneless skinless chicken would have. You think that thought would have turned me off of chicken altogether. Nope, i ended up working at a chick-fil-a through high school to save up for college :d
:d lol!
Old May 16, 2015, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
A boneless Chicken Ranch in Nevada would be a very sad place!
Old May 17, 2015, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
OK, since we're on the boneless chicken bandwagon, I have to (try) to tell a very very funny (to me anyway) story.

I've mentioned in the past that eating local food in Hong Kong was often challenging to say the least for me and most in our group. The biggest single reason by far was the presence of bone pieces in almost every chicken and pork dish we had everywhere for weeks on end. It wasn't an accident, but by design, as those meats are routinely cooked bone in, and then chopped up with a cleaver before serving.

One night at a fairly decent restaurant, my friend noticed a dish on the menu which included "boneless chicken" as an ingredient. He ordered it, and almost broke his tooth on the very first bite. Upset, he called our waiter over. Now you have to picture our waiter. A rather rotund jovial fellow who spoke limited English with a very strong accent.

My friend complained that the chicken was supposed to be boneless.

The waiter, beaming with pride, says "Yes, less bone".

Of course we were all both speechless and laughing so hard it hurt.

You probably had to be there, but it was possibly the funniest moment I have ever experienced in a restaurant.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
RPI's track team bought NON-refundable fare to get food from ALB's airside Chik-fil-A

RPI's track team wins a dope slap:
Vincent Putrino, a college senior at RPI, is the captain of the cross country/track and field teams. He and his teammates had a week off from competitions which prompted the idea to get some Chick-fil-A for a team lunch.

The only problem was, the closest Chick-fil-A restaurant to the Capital Region is about an hour and a half away, other than the one located inside the Albany International Airport.

Putrino did not think it was worth the long three-hour round trip drive just to gather up some grub for a team lunch. Instead, he and his teammates figured if they had enough interest from all of the guys on the team, they could collectively purchase a single plane ticket, use it to get through airport security, and get everyone’s orders.

So, that is exactly what they did. Putrino ended up purchasing a one way airline ticket to Fort Lauderdale for $98 since it was the cheapest flight he and his teammates could find. The cost per person for the airline ticket was about $5.50.
Link: News 10, Albany, NY: RPI Cross Country team buys plane ticket for Chick-fil-A lunch (Posted: Feb 22, 2020 / 05:58 PM EST)
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Actually, in a way the $98 ticket makes for a better story.

If they'd bought a refundable ticket then somebody would have to get a quote from the TSA saying "don't do that."
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:10 pm

I had the deluxe fish sandwich at Chick Fil A at a location near the office. The store is across the street from a Roman Catholic church, elementary school and high school.

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.c...e-fish-in-2020
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by TGarza
I had the deluxe fish sandwich at Chick Fil A at a location near the office. The store is across the street from a Roman Catholic church, elementary school and high school.

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.c...e-fish-in-2020
How was it?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
How was it?
I would buy it again since it was better than any other fast food fish sandwich.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by TGarza
I would buy it again since it was better than any other fast food fish sandwich.
Thanks. Our local locations aren't serving it, but some not too far away are, so if I get to one of those, I'll try it.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:55 pm

This year no locations are serving the Chic Fil A fish sandwich for Lent. I might try the mew Popeyes Chicken fish sandwich.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Looks like redemptions have been devalued, right when I became a Silver member.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Looks like redemptions have been devalued, right when I became a Silver member.
Did they? I hadn't noticed.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by kipper
Did they? I hadn't noticed.
I think the normal chicken sandwich was 450 or 500 points. It’s now 600. The spicy chicken was 550 and is now also 600.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I think the normal chicken sandwich was 450 or 500 points. It’s now 600. The spicy chicken was 550 and is now also 600.
I noticed today. I picked up lunch on the way home from an appointment, and was shocked that a small milkshake was 700 points now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.