Wiki Posts
Search

Morton's VIPs please share your experiences here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by michaelchod
Question though would I still be a VIP, Morton's has been closed for over a year here. I should call and see.

Cheers..
Yep you are still VIP, it doesn't expire.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After the SF food critic's recent visit to Morton's, I have to ask whether the VIP program is even worth its free cost:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DDFU1EULHM.DTL

When I finally did start on my main course, I realized I needed to offer a second apology to any food I've criticized in the past year; by comparison, everything I've had at other places was French Laundry quality. The steak was burned and acrid, and the lobster tail was mushy, as if it had been frozen and thawed multiple times.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz189kDEjLQ
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:05 pm

Ok, first time to Morton's since receiving my card. I used the number on the card to make a reservation. No acknowledgement of the card at that stage. I asked the waitress what I am supposed to do with the card - she had never seen one before. Took it to her manager. No reaction for quite a while (a few courses) so I ended up asking whether she still had my card. Eventually comes back and tells me that it gives me a guaranteed table even when they are full, and an after dinner drink. After dessert is all finished, I asked whether we would be getting an after dinner drink, and it eventually came. All in all, not a very user friendly 'perk'.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by cdncent
Ok, first time to Morton's since receiving my card. I used the number on the card to make a reservation. No acknowledgement of the card at that stage. I asked the waitress what I am supposed to do with the card - she had never seen one before. Took it to her manager. No reaction for quite a while (a few courses) so I ended up asking whether she still had my card. Eventually comes back and tells me that it gives me a guaranteed table even when they are full, and an after dinner drink. After dessert is all finished, I asked whether we would be getting an after dinner drink, and it eventually came. All in all, not a very user friendly 'perk'.
Which location?

Did you receive your card via third party promotion as a side benefit or did you get the card directly from Morton's as a result of patronage?

In any case - the waitress should have been better trained. I have dinned at several locations on multiple occasions and all but at the Boston Harbor location - I have been ushered in and received premium service.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
After a long back and forth on Twitter, where I was told the VIP program is dead... I made a reservation in Midtown Manhattan using Opentable. They couldn't have been nicer to us. Kept referring to me by name... and brought after dinner drinks without prompting. They bring out a trolley with several choices.

When I told the manager about my Twitter conversation, he told me they didn't know what they were talking about. The VIP program is still alive, and corkage is waived. ^ At this loaction, they match the names on the reservations with the VIP Club. Needless to say, they won me back. Now if only their steaks were a 10 instead of a 9.5.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by dhammer53
After a long back and forth on Twitter, where I was told the VIP program is dead... I made a reservation in Midtown Manhattan using Opentable. They couldn't have been nicer to us. Kept referring to me by name... and brought after dinner drinks without prompting. They bring out a trolley with several choices.

When I told the manager about my Twitter conversation, he told me they didn't know what they were talking about. The VIP program is still alive, and corkage is waived. ^ At this loaction, they match the names on the reservations with the VIP Club. Needless to say, they won me back. Now if only their steaks were a 10 instead of a 9.5.
Any insight on the one in WP? How would you rate Morton's compared to any of the better-ranked NYC estabishments?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Any insight on the one in WP? How would you rate Morton's compared to any of the better-ranked NYC estabishments?
I've only eaten at the bar in White Plains.

Mortons doesn't hold a candle to the finer steakhouses in NY. We went to the midtown location because I received a $100 gift certificate from Morton VIP program. My final bill was $80.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I've only eaten at the bar in White Plains.

Mortons doesn't hold a candle to the finer steakhouses in NY. We went to the midtown location because I received a $100 gift certificate from Morton VIP program. My final bill was $80.
OK. That makes more sense to me now. I honestly couldn't imagine that Morton's would outshine any of the prominent NY steakhouses, but wanted to confirm.

Nevertheless, a $100 gift certificate is a nice thing.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Originally Posted by dchristiva
I haven't been for a few months but in my experience, the White Plains location is the best managed Morton's I've ever been to.

My wife and I used to eat there about once a month. On every occasion, the maitre de, manager and even some of the wait staff would come over and say hello. On one occasion my wife mentioned a horrible experience she had at a different location during a business lunch the week before in casual conversation and the WP GM proactively had the regional manager where the bad experience call and apologize the next day.

We've always received amazing service and decent food at White Plains.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:43 am

Anybody dined in CLE at Morton's downtown using a VIP?
Old May 1, 2011, 12:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Just got my package in the mail today. Unfortunately I will have to wait until July or August to try it out. But I will post back with comments.

Delta747
Old May 4, 2011, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My VIP card and materials arrived in the mail the other day. Guess I will have to take it for a test drive sometime soon.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:41 am

I didn't see it posted but you guys can sign up here if you want:
http://www.mortons.com/premiumlifestyle.php
Old May 5, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thank you dhammer53, I googled Morton's VIP, filled out the app., for my husband, and have received the card. He will be in Vegas in June for a convention and if he is able to go, I will post his experience.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by chica
Thank you dhammer53, I googled Morton's VIP, filled out the app., for my husband, and have received the card. He will be in Vegas in June for a convention and if he is able to go, I will post his experience.
Dined at this location with clients in January this year. No corkage fee + after dinner drinks for VIP members. This location seemed to be a little better than average Morton's experience.

Other recent experiences that I remember:

Beverly Hills - was the worst experience. Similar to the SF food critic's of the SF location. Too bad, was wife's Bday with a large group too.

San Francisco - actually about average. Certainly not as bad an experience as wrote about by critic.

Dallas - absolutely the best steaks I have had at a Mortons. Also after dinner drinks like all others for VIP treatment, but unfortunately no personal wines welcome (corkage) as this is current Texas state law in restaurants where alcohol is sold. Unfortunate for me as I live here.

I don't want to seem cheap about the corkage fee thing. I just like to bring what I like to drink. I do try to tip well enough because there certainly is some expense for serving, glasses, and lost revenue for restaurant for allowing personal wines.

Regarding the wine lockers, I personally don't get it other than having your name on display. The lockers are typically near the entrance, thus wines are potentially subject to temperature variations or room temperature at best. I'd much rather have the wines stored in the restaurant's cellar or better yet mine before dining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.