Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Planning a trip to Paris at the moment. First (and not surprising) the 3 star and most 2 star restaurants seems to be at least 30% overpriced. But OK, it´s Paris. Nevertheless I like to do some nice place. "Problem" is, that I live pescarian (no meat, poultry). Vegetarian menus are simply not available at more or less all places and the fixed menus always contain meat-dishes. Do restaurants in Paris (I know they do in nearly all other cities, but Paris is Special) allow changes and which high end restaurants would you recommend in my situation (Dinner and Lunch)? Or would it be the best to save my money and eat at "normal" restaurants in Paris?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by offerendum
would it be the best to save my money and eat at "normal" restaurants in Paris?
It would be best for you to get out of Paris and enjoy the rest of France. Normal prices and better food. Including fish.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
It would be best for you to get out of Paris and enjoy the rest of France. Normal prices and better food. Including fish.
I fear this will be the option... Sad if true
Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fear this will be the option... Sad if true
Actually this has pretty much always been the case.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
Actually this has pretty much always been the case.
Perhaps the reason I already didn´t visit a top-restaurant during my last visit.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:24 am

Planning a trip to Paris at the moment. First (and not surprising) the 3 star and most 2 star restaurants seems to be at least 30% overpriced. But OK, it´s Paris. Nevertheless I like to do some nice place. "Problem" is, that I live pescarian (no meat, poultry). Vegetarian menus are simply not available at more or less all places and the fixed menus always contain meat-dishes. Do restaurants in Paris (I know they do in nearly all other cities, but Paris is Special) allow changes and which high end restaurants would you recommend in my situation (Dinner and Lunch)? Or would it be the best to save my money and eat at "normal" restaurants in Paris?
What about L'Arpege?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
What about L'Arpege?
The menu is very good, but the price is near the border. 320,00 € for a menu means nearly 800 € (and god blessed I don´t drink!) for 2 People, perhaps even more. Perhaps Lunch is the way to go.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:17 am

How about Joel Robuchon L'Atelier - 1* off the champs elysees

http://atelier-robuchon-etoile.com/e...vegetarien.php
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sig05
How about Joel Robuchon L'Atelier - 1* off the champs elysees

http://atelier-robuchon-etoile.com/e...vegetarien.php
Also good Option. 1* was more "normal restaurant" for me. But had good experiences in the past at Joel Robouchon
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:10 am

Also good Option. 1* was more "normal restaurant" for me. But had good experiences in the past at Joel Robouchon
I suggested it because of the menu and I remembered it being very close to your diet. Been to Robuchon's in Vegas and it was excellent.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:30 am

The menu is very good, but the price is near the border. 320,00 € for a menu means nearly 800 € (and god blessed I don´t drink!) for 2 People, perhaps even more. Perhaps Lunch is the way to go.
Maybe best to go when you're next in Paris alone. That particular restaurant is at the very top of my bucket list, but I'm rarely in Paris so it will have to wait
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Maybe best to go when you're next in Paris alone.
After my wife left me I visited enough restaurants alone, prefer it with compagnon
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I just got back from San Sebastian, slightly disappointed with Arzak (very rushed service), however Mugaritz blew me away, we also went to Exteberri on the way back to Madrid, it was very good. I'm writing up my trip report with full pictures, but will post here once complete of the reviews.
Please do. We still rave about our experience at Mugaritz to this day - a couple of years later - as well as Extebarri.

Was at Osteria Francescana a week and a half ago ... much preferred the other two.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a great dinner at 1-star Le Prieuré (next to Avignon) last night and the hotel is excellent!

As that was the last dinner of the year with the hotel shutting down for winter, I was worried a bit about the quality. But there was no point in that because everything was top level.

They also turned me on to the first Rhone white that I've actually liked. Vacqueyras Roucas Toumba. ^
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Had dinner last Friday at The Modern (2 stars). Excellent modern American cuisine. Excellent cocktails as well, and a great view of the sculpture garden as the sun set. Much better than my experience in the Bar Room a few years back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.