Search

Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
HI!

I need a top notch recipe to impress some ladies!

Originally Posted by Vaucluse
Just buy one, Insomnia Cookies in Philly is pretty good.
Are you suggesting that they share?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
The secret, IMHO, is to use the Nestle receipe (or since, you are Boston, search out the recipe in Rosie's Bakery cookbook...seriously some of the best cookies I've ever had). For any of the receipes, replace the Nestle's chips with Ghirardelli (or other chocolate chips of comparable quality). Unbleached flour definitely.

And:
1. Bake the cookies on light colored baking sheets (dark colored sheets absorb heat and make edges burn)
2. Cover the cookie sheets with wax (or parchment) paper. You'll thank me later when you have to clean up
3. Watch the baking times and your oven temperatures. You want (well, I prefer) the cookies to be slightly undercooked in the center when you remove them from the oven (the center will not look cakey, like the edges do). This way, you'll have a little crisp on the edge, but soft smudgy interior. Yum.
4. Don't crowd the oven! If you are cooking multiple batches (sheets) at once, make sure there is at least a couple of inches clearance on all sides of your cookie sheet...so that the hot air can circulate. Otherwise, you can fry the bottom of your cookies, and the tops will be undercooked (yucky)
5. Once removing the cookie sheet from the oven, let the cookies set on the hot sheet for just a few minutes, then transfer to a metal rack to cool (so that the retained heat on the sheet doesn't keep baking the cookies). Metal rack is key so that the bottom cools without becoming soggy and falling apart.
6. If you reuse the cookie sheets for subsequent batches, scrape the sheets really well (or replace/shake out the parchment) so that you get rid of all crumbs. Residual crumbs will attach themselves to the next batch of cookies and burn like crazy.
7. Send a sample to all of us here to taste test for you.

Last edited by navi_jen; Aug 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
This was my great aunt's recipe. If you like thick and chewy cookies then these are unbeatable. There is no white sugar and both light and dark brown sugar are used. White sugar will dry out a cookie where brown sugar has a much higher moisture content.

1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips

Follow creaming method. Chill and then drop by 1/3 cup on lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Whatever Doubletree uses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.