Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jack in the Box - tacos??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
There are very few things that are uniformly accepted as disgusting but yet have such widespread appeal. In fact, other than maybe a White Castle, I can't even think of another. I guess that is why I am determined to try one. In fact, maybe I'll start another thread: "Foods that are absolutely disgusting. Please give me five and a diet coke!"
That's pretty funny. Disgusting but necessary.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well as a graduate of Arizona State who did like to lift the occasional glass when I lived in Tempe, I've definitely eaten a few of these...usually way past midnight
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM
I ate a ton of JITB tacos back in high school when they used to be 25 cents. I introduced a co-worker to them a few years ago, and I said, "You're probably gonna think you're eating dog food, but for some reason I love them!"
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeebus
I ate a ton of JITB tacos back in high school when they used to be 25 cents. I introduced a co-worker to them a few years ago, and I said, "You're probably gonna think you're eating dog food, but for some reason I love them!"

roflmao
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:11 pm

The trick is to order them with extra lettuce. It absorbs some of the grease and moves them a micron closer to the healthy end of the spectrum.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by jzirkel
The trick is to order them with extra lettuce. It absorbs some of the grease and moves them a micron closer to the healthy end of the spectrum.
You may have been the first sober person to ever say Jack tacos were health food ,

But I have noticed not many stray dogs hanging around
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Anybody see the follow up article?
How Badly Were We Craving Jack in the Box Tacos? Badly

After a popular article proclaimed them ‘vile and amazing,’ Journal staffers in New York cooked up a plan to import them using West Coast colleagues, ice packs, a real-life scientist, UPS and a toaster

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-badl...dly-1484740802
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Anybody see the follow up article?
How Badly Were We Craving Jack in the Box Tacos? Badly

After a popular article proclaimed them ‘vile and amazing,’ Journal staffers in New York cooked up a plan to import them using West Coast colleagues, ice packs, a real-life scientist, UPS and a toaster

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-badl...dly-1484740802
That is funny. I like the comment, "Has no one at @WSJ smoked weed or drank?"
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:14 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

After reading these articles I decided to get don miguel mini tacos at Costco. They're equally horrible.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I love me some Jack in the Box tacos. Sober or drunk. But the true star of the show there to me are the egg rolls. Yum.

Man, I might need to drive to the local JITB now.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by james318
I love me some Jack in the Box tacos. Sober or drunk. But the true star of the show there to me are the egg rolls. Yum.

Man, I might need to drive to the local JITB now.
I forgot about the egg rolls. The JITB menu is like the dog's breakfast: tacos, fried chicken, burgers, eggrolls. What is the theme?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:59 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I forgot about the egg rolls. The JITB menu is like the dog's breakfast: tacos, fried chicken, burgers, eggrolls. What is the theme?
Theme? I'm stoned and I want lots of greasy cheap food--I think that's the theme.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by BamaVol
When I was a young pup in the 70's, I remember eating at JITB's in California when visiting my mom's sister and her family. I didn't really like it, as I was so used to Burger King (hq'd in MIA where I was growing up) and McDonald's.

My aunt said the name stuck as it was somewhere you can get food of any type, but it was not very good as they seemed to be a "jack of all trades, but a master of none."

I guess with the menu variety shown in the quoted post, I can see why.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For all of you JITB taco gourmands....they are running a promo right now.
4 for $4. You get 2 of the yummy tacos, a burger and a drink.
I am not suggesting that making food choices based on price is a good idea...just passing the info along.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.