Reload this Page >

Starbucks Rewards in other countries?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
"Starbucks Cards are accepted at most Starbucks locations in North America, including airport and grocery locations. Starbucks Cards can also be used interchangeably at most stores in Australia, Hong Kong, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.

Starbucks Cards issued in Greece, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey may only be used in the country from which they are issued."
Print Wikipost

Starbucks Rewards in other countries?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bensyd
You get rewarded for drinking Starbucks?
Well, you wouldn't do it voluntarily surely
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here we go again with the Starbucks bashing. Is it authentic Italian espresso? No. Is it a lot better than most of the other options in many places? Yes.

I have 15 more stars to go for gold this year again (haven't been going to Sbux much of late - and my old office had a barista). I'll just almost make it!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Here we go again with the Starbucks bashing. Is it authentic Italian espresso? No. Is it a lot better than most of the other options in many places? Yes.

I have 15 more stars to go for gold this year again (haven't been going to Sbux much of late - and my old office had a barista). I'll just almost make it!
Have you been getting the bonus star offers in your email?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by IslesFan
I have been getting a ton of bonus offers lately. What's up with that?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
They're offering three stars for ordering Reserve here in Korea. Thursdays via Siren Order.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I've used the UK card in US, Canada, Hong Kong and Australia.

Got the reward stars for all those transactions. Topped it up in all of the above countries as well.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IslesFan
No! How do I do that?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
A little more than usual, I'd say.

No! How do I do that?
Do you have some sort of settings on your starbucks card where they aren't sending you promos via email? Apparently some of us are getting bonus star offers(buy certain things and get extra stars, do mobile ordering and get extra stars etc..)
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
No! How do I do that?
Check your account and make sure you've opted in to all emails from SBUX.

I get an offer for *something* basically every week. A few weeks ago it was 3-4 bonus stars for every purchase over $15, this week it is 25% off any lunch item.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:58 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Check your account and make sure you've opted in to all emails from SBUX.

I get an offer for *something* basically every week. A few weeks ago it was 3-4 bonus stars for every purchase over $15, this week it is 25% off any lunch item.
A few weeks ago they had two or three promos running at the same time. One was 5 or 6 stars for ordering an iced drink and a breakfast item in one transaction, which I had planned to do anyways. The other was 15 bonus stars for 10 days in a row of purchases, in addition to the 10 stars you get from the purchases.

I had a few freebies saved up, and then immediately recieves three more on the same day.

I used all but one at once on a business trip, much to the surprise of the barista.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
They're offering three stars for ordering Reserve here in Korea. Thursdays via Siren Order.
Spent a small fortune on Starbucks while in Seoul earlier this year, and Starbucks rewarded me by taking all my stars from my US-based account when I returned.

Loyalty programs that are counterproductive are dumb.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Spent a small fortune on Starbucks while in Seoul earlier this year, and Starbucks rewarded me by taking all my stars from my US-based account when I returned.

Loyalty programs that are counterproductive are dumb.
They're separate entities. How did that happen? Well, I can tell you contacting Starbucks corporate through email is pointless but shaming them on Instagram might be more effective. Those stars count for something!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
They're separate entities. How did that happen? Well, I can tell you contacting Starbucks corporate through email is pointless but shaming them on Instagram might be more effective. Those stars count for something!
From the perspective of the man-on-the-street, separate corporate entities is their problem; they appear to be the same corporate entity. I suppose it happened because I wasn't frequent enough, or didn't claim the rewards frequently enough. But the timing made it extra annoying. Where we stayed in Yonshinnae in Seoul, the Starbucks was too convenient, or we would have patronized some other coffee seller.

You're quite right that emailing them via customer service was a waste of time. But on the whole I regard their action as a positive, if only because it dissuaded me from buying their overly-roasted coffee on occasion.

Still, if you have a loyalty program that works to turn business away, isn't that sort of pointless?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
From the perspective of the man-on-the-street, separate corporate entities is their problem; they appear to be the same corporate entity. I suppose it happened because I wasn't frequent enough, or didn't claim the rewards frequently enough. But the timing made it extra annoying. Where we stayed in Yonshinnae in Seoul, the Starbucks was too convenient, or we would have patronized some other coffee seller.

You're quite right that emailing them via customer service was a waste of time. But on the whole I regard their action as a positive, if only because it dissuaded me from buying their overly-roasted coffee on occasion.

Still, if you have a loyalty program that works to turn business away, isn't that sort of pointless?
Truly. Use it or lose it is stupid.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by bristoldave
Actually, you absolutely can use your US-based rewards card in the UK, I did it when I was in the UK earlier this year. France too. I didn't try it in Italy because even their rest stop coffee is frankly amazing, but the only place it didn't work was in Germany.
Which location in Germany? SBUX seems to have the same type of loyalty program in Germany like in the US.

Also, I logged in to my SBUX account on their German site and it gave me an option to load my card in EUR. Has anyone tried this? If yes comment your exprerience and tell me if it credited a Star or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.