Search

Worst Drink You've Ever Had

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
Guinness is pretty awful as well.
I've got a mate who puts cracked pepper on the head of the Guinness. It actually goes pretty well with the beer.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
I love Guinness!

So rich and plentiful. It's like a meal in a mug. <3

Everclear or moonshine. Might as well drink rubbing alcohol.

Scotch also smells like Sharpies.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Btw if we can include non alcoholic drinks, it's a tie between Cheerwine (which tastes like carbonated cough syrup) and Big Red (which tastes like carbonated bubble gum).
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:21 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I LOVE Big Red!

Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:31 pm

Last edited by brendog; Dec 6, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brendog
Are you sure you live in NC??? I'm not a soda guy, but the two that I do like are only found in the Carolinas: Cheerwine and Blenheims (Pink cap).
I'm sure, but like many from here I'm a northern transplant so clearly the Yankee is still strong with me.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PSUhorty
Fat Tire, in and of itself, is vile.
I agree. Do not understand the popularity. Every so often I get one hoping it's better, but it never is. Something weird with the yeast or hops.

We have so many much better beers around here it doesn't much matter.

As for Guinness, the real stuff properly poured is light years better than the canned widget stuff.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I agree. Do not understand the popularity. Every so often I get one hoping it's better, but it never is. Something weird with the yeast or hops.
I think the flavor is called "malty". But I'm not sure. But I am sure I like it.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Btw if we can include non alcoholic drinks, it's a tie between Cheerwine (which tastes like carbonated cough syrup) and Big Red (which tastes like carbonated bubble gum).
Don't forget about Moxie.

It's one of those things where if you said it tasted like carbonated cough syrup you'd be giving it a compliment. I don't know how to actually describe it.

Initially it tastes a bit like black licorice, but then it transforms as the aftertaste takes hold.

The aftertaste is what I would imagine battery acid and dirt tasting like. I wish I was kidding when I say I've had liquid antibiotics that tasted better then it.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Any glass of wine or champagne. Vile!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:12 am

Smile

Worst drink, was a bottle of Poitín or poteen if you speak English. Irish moonshine.

It made 2 people pass out instantly, one smashed her face in to my turntables, I wasnt impressed she couldnt handle it after she talked me in to giving it to her. And my friend went blind for a little while and then thought he was a hammock, using his neck to swing between chairs.

EDIT Americans are funny to think *ss (bottom) is a swear word
It tasted like potato butt
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:06 am

Any beer coming out of the tap at Madison Square Garden. Guaranteed to give you diarrhea the next day. People complain about dirty water dogs not being cleaned for many years. I don't think they cleaned out the taps since Feb. 10, 1968.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:09 am

in terms of mixed cocktail, a Harvey Wallbangner at the Fontainebleau in Miami, they had no idea what Galiano was, and instead of telling us, they put some frangelico in the drink instead, made for quite an awful drink, but at least, the wait staff was honnest in telling us they had no idea, and there was no charge for it!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
That's pretty much my experience with all of the products from New Belgium Brewery (makers of Fat Tire). There is a signature taste in all their products that I don't care for.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Yak Butter Tea - Kind of tasted like a bit of rancid cheese that had been melted down and mixed with toilet water

Campari - I just don't get it as a main flavor in a cocktail. It tastes like cotton candy and death

Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale - The one and only beer I've ever dumped after a few drinks

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.