Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Luxury hotel for 1 night stay with wellness (and gastronomic restaurant)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:16 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, I will give it a try.
I'm looking for a nice hotel, preferable within 3-4 hours driving distance of Antwerp for a nice relaxing/romantic weekend.
A hotel with an extended wellness (more than one sauna, steambath, ...) is what I'm currently looking for. (eg. Dorint hotels offers this)
Another big plus would be that we could enjoy a nice 4-5 course menu in a nice setting. (not the typical hotel restaurant). Off course the restaurant can be withing walking distance as well and does not need to be the hotel restaurant.

It seems all this is a bit hard to combine or I don't know where to look.
I know Dorint hotels offers the wellness but I would prefer something else for once. Marriott/Hilton hotels would be my number one choice as we're elite in their programs.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, I will give it a try.
I'm looking for a nice hotel, preferable within 3-4 hours driving distance of Antwerp for a nice relaxing/romantic weekend.
A hotel with an extended wellness (more than one sauna, steambath, ...) is what I'm currently looking for. (eg. Dorint hotels offers this)
Another big plus would be that we could enjoy a nice 4-5 course menu in a nice setting. (not the typical hotel restaurant). Off course the restaurant can be withing walking distance as well and does not need to be the hotel restaurant.

It seems all this is a bit hard to combine or I don't know where to look.
I know Dorint hotels offers the wellness but I would prefer something else for once. Marriott/Hilton hotels would be my number one choice as we're elite in their programs.
First of all within four hours from Antwerp can get you as far south as Paris, as far east as Frankfurt and as far north as Bremen with dozens and dozens of cities closer like Brussels, Amsterdam, Cologne etc. etc. etc.

Also, if you are looking for a luxury hotel than Dorint/Marriott/Hilton would not be at all what you are looking for. Those are mid range 4 or 5 star hotels

There are some excellent luxury hotels in Amsterdam which is just two hours from Antwerp like the Grand, the L'Europe, there's also a new Waldorf Astoria which may fit into your Hilton status. There's a great hotel in Cologne with two amazing restaurants called the Excelsior Ernst.

Really your choices, if you're willing to go four hours from Antwerp, are almost limitless. In addition the big cities. there very well could be luxury boutique hotels in small villages in that four hour radius. Large cities like Paris and Amsterdam have some outstanding restaurants. The 8 course Dynasty menu at the Thai Dynasty restaurant in Amsterdam is amazing. Also of course most luxury hotels offer full spas, although not sure if the ones I listed will have ones as extensive as you may want.

I'd suggest you try looking at where you want to go first (France, Germany, stay in Belgium, Holland) then use a site like laterooms.com to get an idea of prices for varying hotels based on star rating since I don't think you're actually looking for luxury, but probably more five star.

Then once you find hotels in your price range, check their websites to see what their spa facilities offer. Once you choose that, tripadvisor is a good place for restaurants, it's not so much discussed on this site.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by JamesEaston
Once you choose that, tripadvisor is a good place for restaurants, it's not so much discussed on this site.
Sorry, my mistake here. Apparently this site does have a "restaurant buzz" forum so you could check there as well as tripadvisor.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:16 pm

Try the glamorous Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg, 10-15 minutes drive from Cologne...great 5 starred hotel with the best restaurant in Germany (3 Michelin starred) that is a prominent feature in World's 50 Best restaurants in the world....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.