Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The McRib is Back

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
BTW ... McRib has invaded Northern VA ... had 2 tonight ... hope I don't get sick !
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I had a McRib yesterday. It was quite a disappoint over previous years McRibs. Perhaps because it was my first DFW McRib? It was lacking in, well EVERYTHING. BBQ sauce, pickles, onions, random meat... Nothing was quite right.

Now the Spicy McChicken sandwiches -- that may be my new favorite food.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I had my fix earlier this week at my neighborhood (far north Dallas) McDonalds. Seemed liked it was the same as in past years. Oddly delicious.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by greenery-travel
Is the McRib currently available in the US? It does not exist in my current home country, as it is not possible to make a halal pork rib sandwich.

Followup question: Does McD's breakfast menu (in the US) still have the artery-clogging Steak, Egg and Cheese Bagel?
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Colorado hasn't had that in probably four years. It was my favorite McD's breakfast sandwich.
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
We have it in the Midwest, although they seem to have dulled down the pepper level in the last few months, and the bagel seems to be even more the worse for wear (than usual).

I've learned to prepare an equally priced and equally artery-clogging home version (sans egg as I always omit the egg) as a Monday morning hash which I can eat in the car with a plastic fork, but I'm out right now so I've had to resort to store-bought the last couple of Mondays.
Originally Posted by james318
It's here in DFW as well. It's my favorite McDonald's item. (Minus the egg as well!)

Sometimes, just sometimes... the bagel is soft enough, and the 'steak' is just 'juicy' enough that it is pure heaven. Most of the time it is a pale imitation of what it used to be.
McRib is definitely back throughout much of NC. I also had a steak, egg and cheese bagel the other morning. It was not as glorious as in the past (seemed to skimp on the butter spread), but was still delicious nonetheless.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had two for lunch today. First time in a year (or two). I don't need to have it again for another year (or two).
Had two on Friday night. Statement above still stands.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
With all the BBQ joints in TX, the McRib doesn't cut it.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got one tonight to go. For once I remembered to ask for no pickles and onions (I don't like either) and it tasted much better than if I'd picked them off myself ^
Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, Star GLD, Hilton GLD, Hyatt Plat
Mc Rib at SFO... $5.89
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
According to the McDonald's coupon book in the mail, it's back. And it's been about two years since my last one. Might be time to dive in.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Definitely back. Had one over the weekend. ^^^
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:45 pm

According to the McDonald's coupon book in the mail, it's back. And it's been about two years since my last one. Might be time to dive in.
Ma Kettle had one yesterday and said it was good.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Looking at the "McRib Finder Map" it appears that it is mostly everywhere... except New England and New York. I'm pretty sad about the whole thing. Though I've been doing quite well with my diet as of late, so this is probably for the best.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
McRib??

Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:01 pm

Eating one right now, glad they're still here in Durham ^
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I've never had one? What's the appeal? I'm honestly asking, not trying to be snarky, because the concept has never particularly appetized me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.