Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Record the time for a completed transfer from Club Rewards to the partner program.

OneWorld
British Airways: 2 days (Wed); 2 business days (Fri)

SkyTeam
Delta Airlines: 3 days (Wed)

Star Alliance
Air Canada: 2 Days - Wednesday 1/14 AM to Friday 1/16 after 9 PM
SAS: 13 Days (Thu - Wed)
South African Airways:
Thai Airways:

Independent
Alaska Airlines: 3 days (Thu); 3 days (Fri)
El Al Airlines:
Hawaiian Airlines:
Iceland Air:
Southwest Airlines: 6 business days (Tue); 4 business days (Tue)
Virgin Atlantic: 11 days (Thu); 5 days (Wed) 11 days (Sun); 10 Days (Sat)

Hotels
Best Western: 6 business days (Thu)
Choice: 5 business days (Fri)
Hilton:
Intercontinental Hotel Group: 7 days (Mon)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club (USA) points transfer time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Marriott: Requested Wednesday, Oct 3 (late in the evening). Posted Saturday, Oct 6.

SPG: Requested Wednesday, Oct 3 (late in the evening). Posted Tuesday, Oct 9.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:51 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
HI called after 3 weeks, took another week
Second time - no posting after 8 days
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:14 am

Submitted to transfer 30k to British Airways on 9/25; STILL have not posted.

Anyone else have this type of issue? I'm traveling at the moment, but plan on calling DC ASAP to find out what the issue is. ClubRewards site at least shows it as having been requested, so I'm not sure if it is on DC's end, or BA's.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Submitted to transfer 30k to British Airways on 9/25; STILL have not posted.

Anyone else have this type of issue? I'm traveling at the moment, but plan on calling DC ASAP to find out what the issue is. ClubRewards site at least shows it as having been requested, so I'm not sure if it is on DC's end, or BA's.
It took mine 6 weeks and I had to call Diners. They said there was some glitch with the transfer process.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: Various
Club Rewards to British Airways/Avios

Transfer Request sent July 18. Posted to BA account on July 24.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
It took mine 6 weeks and I had to call Diners. They said there was some glitch with the transfer process.
FINALLY posted a couple days ago.

Sheesh! Makes me question trying to take advantage of the 50% bonus ... especially when another poster reports STILL no bonus applied to his account.

Is this a BA, or DC problem?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Any recent experiences with transfer times to AA, DL, AC, or AS? Coming from a US account, FWIW

Is it wishful thinking to hope there are any instant transfer options a la Amex MR? I'm debating planning a vacation and hate the idea of not being able to ticket an award ticket immediately and risk it being gone by the time points transfer.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Any recent experiences with transfer times to AA, DL, AC, or AS? Coming from a US account, FWIW

Is it wishful thinking to hope there are any instant transfer options a la Amex MR? I'm debating planning a vacation and hate the idea of not being able to ticket an award ticket immediately and risk it being gone by the time points transfer.
About 3 days or less with AA and AS.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
Diners to HA

Transferred on Tue 8/20. Reached HA account late Mon 8/26.

This was the $35 expedited processing.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
About 3 days or less with AA and AS.
Was that via online or calling to have the transfer?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
SPG transfer redemption lost

I redeemed DC points for 40,000 SPG points on-line on Nov 9, and paid the $35 expedite fee. DC points come out of my account immediately. Normal redemption period is 5 - 7 business days but nowhere on the DC website does it tell you what the expedite period is. After not getting the points in my SPG account in a few days I call and find out that the expedite period is 3 - 4 business days (hardly worth the $35 expedite fee).

Anyway I wait a few more days and call again, and they now refund the $35 expedite fee and send the missing points redemption over to the "resolutions" department with a promise of a call back within 48 hours. Three days later still no SPG points and no call back. Another call with no results and finally spoke to a supervisor this morning who could do nothing but apologize and tell me that they were waiting for a response from the "bank", whoever the bank is.

So now 16 days later, no SPG points and another promise of a phone call back as soon as they know something, hopefully they said today. Lousy customer service I say.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:07 pm

Have you ever received a resolution? I am considering doing this if I can ever get onto the website to see how many points I have (I miss the old statements where they just told me )
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Have you ever received a resolution? I am considering doing this if I can ever get onto the website to see how many points I have (I miss the old statements where they just told me )
Eventually I got the SPG points after many phone calls, but when I got them there was no phone call from DC to apologize. I just found out by checking my SPG account every day. I have to say this is the first time in many years of DC redemptions that I have had a problem.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
I redeemed DC points for 40,000 SPG points on-line on Nov 9,
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
Eventually I got the SPG points
Can you estimate how long the transfer took?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:49 pm

Updating this thread for the first data point in 2014! I transferred 1,000 points into Alaska on Nov 6th around 9 pm Central Time. They were in my Alaska account today before 8 pm. Total transfer time seems around 3 business days. Quite satisfied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.