Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Record the time for a completed transfer from Club Rewards to the partner program.

OneWorld
British Airways: 2 days (Wed); 2 business days (Fri)

SkyTeam
Delta Airlines: 3 days (Wed)

Star Alliance
Air Canada: 2 Days - Wednesday 1/14 AM to Friday 1/16 after 9 PM
SAS: 13 Days (Thu - Wed)
South African Airways:
Thai Airways:

Independent
Alaska Airlines: 3 days (Thu); 3 days (Fri)
El Al Airlines:
Hawaiian Airlines:
Iceland Air:
Southwest Airlines: 6 business days (Tue); 4 business days (Tue)
Virgin Atlantic: 11 days (Thu); 5 days (Wed) 11 days (Sun); 10 Days (Sat)

Hotels
Best Western: 6 business days (Thu)
Choice: 5 business days (Fri)
Hilton:
Intercontinental Hotel Group: 7 days (Mon)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club (USA) points transfer time

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:24 am
DH

I made Choice transfer 3 times this year but all posted within a week; the last transfer took exactly 1 week.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Thanks for the answer DH! One further question...since I cannot book the award reservation until I actually have the points transferred into my Choice account...what happens if the hotel I am looking to redeem at has no availability. Am I then stuck with the points in the Choice program or will they let me reverse the transfer? I know Choice points are good for 2 years but over 100k of Choice points will be hard to spend if I cannot get my desired reservation at the Preferred Hotel I want to stay at.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 2:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
41. Frequent Flyer rewards or Guest Points, travel certificates and gift certificates are not exchangeable, refundable, or redeemable for cash or credit under any circumstances, and are not replaceable in the event of loss or destruction after being issued. Frequent Flyer rewards, Guest Points and some certificates are not extendible or transferable.

https://www.citibank.com/dinersus/js...lish/terms.jsp
Old Sep 22, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by christianj
One further question...since I cannot book the award reservation until I actually have the points transferred into my Choice account...what happens if the hotel I am looking to redeem at has no availability. Am I then stuck with the points in the Choice program or will they let me reverse the transfer? I know Choice points are good for 2 years but over 100k of Choice points will be hard to spend if I cannot get my desired reservation at the Preferred Hotel I want to stay at.
First of all, just in case you aren't aware, for the past couple years (at least) Choice had a sale in the winter (last year Dec-Feb) where all Preferred properties were about 20k points. But you can only reserve 30 (domestic), 60 (int'l), or (if Diamond Elite) 90 days out, so that limits when your stay can be to take advantage of that.

Anyway, regarding expiration, 100k points can be turned into 20k miles at many airlines. Not likely as good a value as redeeming 100k points for 5 nights at a $500sih/night Preferred/Summit property in an expensive European city (where otherwise 20k/night would only get you a Comfort Inn with poor reviews on TripAdvisor), but it's always a way you can at least use the points at some half-decent value if they're about to expire.

FYI, posts about the Choice program (including all the info I just mentioned) are found in the Other Hotels section of FT.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Thanks to everyone for their help! When I called Choice yesterday to check availability I was informed that the hotel I wanted (Montage Resort Laguna Beach) was not available for a reward on the dates I was looking. Oh well...it was worth a try anyway but we will enjoy our "back-up" AMEX FHR booking at the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel anyway! Based on past stays at the Ritz we will not be disappointed. I was just wanting to try the Montage and DC to Choice would have been a decent redemption option.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Question Time for transfer to SPG Starpoints

After researching this some, it appears the conversion times are wildly different for various conversion paths to hotel and airline programs. So my question is specific to the transfer time you've experience for Club Rewards into Starwood's program. The official word they gave me is 2 weeks - anyone have specific experiences on how long it took that they can report on?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Actually you can pay $35 or a certain number of points (the amount escapes me) to expedite the transfer to 2 business days. They have this arrangement with Starwood and some, but not all, partners. I have used it before and it does indeed work.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I have always been told 2 weeks for every transfer, but I don't think it has ever taken more than a week and usually 4-5 days. This applies to both airline (AA, DL, WN) and hotel (Priority Club, Hilton HHonors).
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:56 pm

Just did this a few weeks ago, and it took 4 days.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: AA- exp 8.2MM, SQ, DL, spg plat
pay the $35 and it is virtually instantaneous

Don't know about the free transfer but they usually overstate the time in order to try to get the additional revenue...
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
anyone have any experience lately with an aa transfer?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by traveldealer
anyone have any experience lately with an aa transfer?
next day, max 48 hours
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Did you get a confirmation number? If so, this would be really weird.

If not, it's possible it was never processed in the first place.

My transactions have always posted within a few days.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Club Rewards to AA Miles - Taking forever!!

So i spent my club reward points on AA miles and it has been 13 business days and the order is still marked as "placed".

Before when i did this it took about a week or into the second week depending on what day i did it.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Have anything to do with BMO?

Edit: Originally Requested Dec 5th.

Last edited by nitrobass24; Jan 16, 2012 at 8:25 am
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:28 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I thought AA transfers were no longer allowed, since Nov 3rd changeover...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.