Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club airport lounge (reports, questions, discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The lounge access program is a benefit provided by Diners Club International, not by your card issuer. The directory is located here:

http://www.dinersclub.com/airport-lounges.html

There are Diners Club lounges at nearly two dozen USA airports, with multiple locations at several airports.. In general they are the same lounges as used by Priority Pass, with the notable exclusion of the Alaska Airlines clubs.

• Atlanta
  • Baltimore
  • Boston (3)
  • Chicago (2)
  • Cincinnati
  • Dallas
  • Honolulu
  • Houston (2)
  • Las Vegas (2)
  • Los Angeles
  • Miami (3)
  • Minneapolis
  • Newark
  • New York JFK (2)
  • Orlando (2)
  • Phoenix
  • Pittsburgh
  • Sanford , Florida
  • San Francisco
  • San Jose
  • Seattle (2)
  • Washington IAD (3)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club airport lounge (reports, questions, discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
New Lounge: Bermuda

I was flying out of Bermuda last week and the old first class/executive lounge (U.S. Departures area) is now a Graycliff Lounge. I knew they accepted Priority Pass (which I get from AMEX) so wanted to check it out. The check-in desk actually had a sign welcoming Diners Club members and another sign with other cards on it. When I asked about Diners the agent confirmed they accept it for complimentary access (I have the Professional card). He did have to enter my name vs. just the card number to get "approval". Priority Pass would have required paying for my guest -- DC included a guest. The front desk agent is also the bartender.

The lounge itself is large (for Bermuda) with a bar area with tables, another sitting room, and a small office area. There was a total of four of us in the lounge and we were soon just two as one flight boarded.

Food: Limited (bagels and danish)
Beverages: Limited (coffee, soft drinks, very limited alcohol)
Wi-Fi: Free (though it is as well in the departures area but the lounge did have it's own access point and log-in)
Views: Front of the airport/parking/slight water view

Definitely not a bad lounge -- comfortable enough.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Has anyone ran into issues with agents swiping the new DC cards @ lounges?

I went to Art & Lounge in EWR yesterday and The Club @ DFW today and both places had issues with swiping my diners club card. One keyed in the number to the reader to no avail, but let me in anyway. The other one used an old school credit card machine to manually imprint my number (not the most secure method...) and let me in.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Quick summary of LHR T2 arrivals lounge:
- showers are great, and available to anyone arriving at LHR as it's landslide.
- hot food is made to order, and a little slow. But as my bags were on the flight after the one I was on, I made the most of it. Duck spring rolls, breaded chicken, quarter pita filled with sweet corn, and something else I think. Perfectly edible, but they should have more stuff for people to help themselves to (like in the BHX Number 1 lounge, which I passed through today and was pleasantly surprised by)
- drinks have to be ordered at bar, but came swiftly enough.
- the lounge only opened Tuesday, and the staff were all very keen. Had some trouble joining their wifi but it got sorted within five minutes.

Overall, I'd use it again. If they added bacon sarnies, it would be perfect! ;-)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
...available to anyone arriving at LHR as it's landslide.
Did they check your boarding pass? The previous Arrivals Lounge (Air Canada, T3, if I recall correctly) would only admit passengers arriving on flights at Terminal 3.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I just received a DC MC (BMO issued, starts with 55). The DC rep I spoke with when activated said I should have access to all of the listed lounges... are there still any ongoing issues with BMO issued DC card, either 37* or 55* numbers, not being accepted? Especially in North America?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
... BMO issued DC card, either 37* or 55* numbers,
To simplify this a little, all Diners Club cards issued in North America since 2005 start with 5* because they are MasterCards.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I don't suppose anyone's been to the Puerto Vallatra or Phoenix lounges yet, have they? I should have the chance to try them out next month.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:52 pm

I was able to use the Diners Club Premier (the new BMO one) to access the lounge in Lisbon, Portugal - though it took them a while for them to verify.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Has anyone tried accessing the Bidvest lounges in South Africa with a US based Diners card (particularly, the new Premier card)?

I tried accessing the 2 domestic lounges at JNB and was told at one lounge that it wasn't reading my card, and by the other one that my card wasn't active (which it most certainly is). Kind of defeats the purpose if I can't get in to the lounges I'm supposed to...
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Has anyone tried accessing the Bidvest lounges in South Africa with a US based Diners card (particularly, the new Premier card)?

I tried accessing the 2 domestic lounges at JNB and was told at one lounge that it wasn't reading my card, and by the other one that my card wasn't active (which it most certainly is). Kind of defeats the purpose if I can't get in to the lounges I'm supposed to...
I had the same problem with the SATS lounge in SIN T3 yesterday. Argued with the girl at the desk. She was definitely most unhelpful. So insisted my card wasn't activated even though I've used it in quite a few places already. I walked over to SATS T1 and they simply made a manual copy of the card for verification. I explained what happened over at T3 and they told me, diners will guarantee manual verifications if the card won't read.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Swiped my Diners Club Premier (the one issued briefly in 2014) at Plaza Premium Lounge in Vancouver w/o any issues. Took a few seconds and lady at front desk was very helpful.

Was a nice surprise considering have had difficulties in past with getting the card to read at other lounges
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:34 am

Lounges in Europe

I used DC Elite at Toronto's Plaza Premium without issue. I am planning to use it at airports in Warsaw, Budapest and Crete
Has anybody tried it there?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Had no problems checking into the lounge in PHX T4 on Thursday. Some pictures:

Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:53 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Had problems getting into the lounge in Casablanca airport, they entered my card info but said it wasn't valid. Now looking at their lounge site I no longer see that lounge, or the ones for Senegal. wonder when they were taken off as I did my research just before my trip.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:23 am

The Launge in San Juan, Puerto Rico

The lounge is spacious and comfortable, but food offerings are sparse. My husband took a nap in one of the comfortable chairs. I had a glass of wine and a pastry. Overall i would not pay $28 fee to stay there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.