Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club airport lounge (reports, questions, discussion)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 11, 18, 2:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
The lounge access program is a benefit provided by Diners Club International, not by your card issuer. The directory is located here:

http://www.dinersclub.com/airport-lounges.html

There are Diners Club lounges at nearly two dozen USA airports, with multiple locations at several airports.. In general they are the same lounges as used by Priority Pass, with the notable exclusion of the Alaska Airlines clubs.

• Atlanta
  • Baltimore
  • Boston (3)
  • Chicago (2)
  • Cincinnati
  • Dallas
  • Honolulu
  • Houston (2)
  • Las Vegas (2)
  • Los Angeles
  • Miami (3)
  • Minneapolis
  • Newark
  • New York JFK (2)
  • Orlando (2)
  • Phoenix
  • Pittsburgh
  • Sanford , Florida
  • San Francisco
  • San Jose
  • Seattle (2)
  • Washington IAD (3)
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 10, 14, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles, DL Amex, Diners, HHonors, United

I am just back from a three-week trip to south and southeast Asia. I have had the Diners card for years, but never did take advantage of the lounge access benefit. But this trip was different. I have used the following lounges:

BKK Louis Tavern Lounge (2 times)
KUL Plaza Premium Lounge (2 times)
DAC Ruposhi Bangla Lounge
ATL The Club at ATL

Getting access to the lounges was no problem at all. As one would expect, the quality of the lounges varied quite a bit. My favorite was the Plaza Premium at KUL. The food and drink choices were excellent. I can still taste the spicy noodle and fish cake soup in my mouth! Incidentally that was also the busiest of the four, but that may be a factor of the time of visit (morning). The lounge at DAC was not much to speak of, but considering the facilities in the rest of the airport, it was not bad at all. The BKK lounges were the most quiet, which was fine with me. All had pretty good wifi access.

Based on my visit, I will reiterate what I had said earlier, this lounge access benefit from Diners, compares very well with other cards. Sure Amex MR offers access to a lot more lounges, but it also costs a heck of a lot more. In the end, like many other things it really depends on your frequency of travel. Frequent business travelers should be able to justify the cost of MR. But if you only travel a few times a year and mostly international, Diners is an excellent value.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Jun 11, 14, 11:55 am

Programs: EBS
I could not agree with you more. 1+
Old Jul 9, 14, 8:00 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Lounge access at LHR T2? (departures *and* arrival?)

I'm flying YYZ-LHR-YYZ soon (flying out in a couple of days time) and can't seem to find any info on LHR T2 lounge access for Diners Club corporate card holders.

I don't have *A status any more, so can't get in to the new MLL or United Lounge (which looks very nice.. *sigh*) - it seems there are also arrival lounges, but I can't tell if any of these are open to DC holders...

What lounge options do I have at LHR T2 using my Diners Card?
Old Jul 10, 14, 1:36 am

Programs: |QF LT Silver|OZ Gold|HH Diamond|DL Blue|
I don't think you have any options at T2. The DC website only lists lounges in T1 and T3.

Even beware of those. I recently tried to access the T1 lounge with my DC card and was told that Australian DC cards weren't eligible as they are issued by Citibank.

Needless to say, that was the final nail in my decision to close my account (other nails including poor and shrinking acceptance and the annual fee).
Old Jul 10, 14, 11:16 am

LHR T2 only opened recently, so I'm hoping that the DC website is just out of date ;-)

I've got a Canadian DC (issued by BMO; no outlay on my part as it's provided by my employer - but we don't get DC points for some reason..) but and have had no trouble accessing the lounge at T3 (or any of the listed lounges i that I've visited to date using the card - only in North America, apart from LHR, though)

If I end up at LHR early, I may try and explore - will report back if I discover anything worth sharing!
Old Jul 10, 14, 12:27 pm

Looks like the United lounge is open to Priority Pass holders:

http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...ort-Lounge.cfm

I *think* DC card holders get access to PP lounges.. is that right? There seems to be a lot of overlap...
Old Jul 13, 14, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by sofasurfer View Post
Looks like the United lounge is open to Priority Pass holders:

http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...ort-Lounge.cfm

I *think* DC card holders get access to PP lounges.. is that right? There seems to be a lot of overlap...
There is a lot of overlap. However, UA Clubs, I think with no exception, are off limits to DC members. I have PP Select through my AMEX Platinum and I don't even get access to the UA clubs.
Old Jul 13, 14, 4:02 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
There is no connection between Diners Club and Priority Pass lounge networks. The Diners network may be managed by Airport Angel. (United Clubs accept Priority Pass except for memberships provided by USA-based payment card issuers.)
Old Jul 22, 14, 8:08 pm
pxm

Spent about one hour at the Executive Lounge at the Princess Juliana Airport (SXM) in Sint Maarten. The lounge was nice and roomy, comfortable chairs, not too crowded, but the WiFi did not work. Food consisted of meatballs, Jamaican patties, and free drinks. All-in-all not a bad lounge.

Please note that there is a charge for any additional guest ($28, if I recall correctly).
Old Jul 23, 14, 9:21 am

There is a priority pass lounge under construction in LHR T2; so hopefully someone can report on it lager this summer :-)

First impressions of T2: certainly feels more spacious than T3. Bag drop not opening until 0545 is not mentioned anywhere and lots of pax in wrong lines (bag drop instead of check in) and seemingly getting incorrect info from "welcomer" staff. The *A (contract?) Staff that were correcting people had plenty of work to do and their empathy was definitely being tested!

It would have been a smart move for the first lounges to open to have had some kind of reciprocal access while the terminal is just starting to open. It is definitely not at full capacity so I doubt the UA/AC lounges would have been at bursting point. Of course, the chances of that would have been near zero but a good PR move all round..
Old Sep 28, 14, 5:16 pm

Thinking about getting the new US based DC card. I have a big trip coming up and will be passing threw LAX, MUC, LYS, ZRH, JNB, CPT and IST.

Does anyone have any info about what lounges are best and or more likely to get into if I get the card.

Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 14, 6:55 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by dcman View Post
.... LAX, MUC, LYS, ZRH, JNB, CPT and IST.
See the Wikipost of this thread for a link to the lounge directory. There is nothing in LYS, but here are direct links to the other airports:

http://www.dinersclublounges.com/loc...sa/los-angeles

http://www.dinersclublounges.com/loc...germany/munich

http://www.dinersclublounges.com/loc...zerland/zurich

http://www.dinersclublounges.com/loc...a/johannesburg

http://www.dinersclublounges.com/loc...rica/cape-town

http://www.dinersclublounges.com/loc...urkey/istanbul
Old Sep 29, 14, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
See the Wikipost of this thread for a link to the lounge directory. There is nothing in LYS, but here are direct links to the other airports:
Thanks, I had already looked at the official links for each of the cities I'm going to. My concern was real world experience as reading some of the older threads seemed to suggest that some clubs can be hit or miss on whom they allow in.
Old Oct 8, 14, 7:32 am

Is there a fee to bring in a guest to these lounges ?
Old Oct 8, 14, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by steve4 View Post
Is there a fee to bring in a guest to these lounges ?
Check the dinersclublounges.com website for individual lounge guest fees. Most seem to charge $25+ per guest.

Search this Thread