Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seen in the Sky Club: DL's Fake Cheese!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seen in the Sky Club: DL's Fake Cheese!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Unhappy Seen in the Sky Club: DL's Fake Cheese!

What's up with that? The "processed cheddar cheese food" is nasty, I much preferred NW's real Cabot cheddar (2 kinds).
Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If DL HQ were in Wisconsin, flyers wouldn't be greeted with processed cheese food. The real peanuts will continue.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Aug 19, 2009 at 2:18 pm
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
What's up with that? The "processed cheddar cheese food" is nasty, I much preferred NW's real Cabot cheddar (2 kinds).
I totally agree with your assessment. The New "Delta cheese" is disgusting, and doesn't even qualify as cheese vs the excellent Cabot brands we are accustomed to having.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
The downgrade from Worldclub to Skyclub options is dramatic. No real cheese, vegiges, real cookies etc. Not a good omen for the future.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:16 pm

It really does not remotely qualify as cheese! I guess it used to match the strange broken crackers that the old CRCs had but it is possibly the worst supposed food product in a Skyteam lounge! (New competition? )
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:46 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
What's DL's problem with us? Nothing is edible.

Originally Posted by lseflyer
The downgrade from Worldclub to Skyclub options is dramatic. No real cheese, vegiges, real cookies etc. Not a good omen for the future.
Now with Skyclub it seems absolutely nothing is fresh. Everything is packaged (Biscoffs "baked" months ago) and the mustard pretzels are nasty and stale.

Obviously it is cheaper to buy and store things with a shelf-life measured in years.

I miss the Worldclub fresh-baked cookies and the carrots (ok, the carrots were in little plastic bags but they were fresh and kept in the self-service refrigerator.)

Last year, MSP Worldclub ladies tipped me off before renewal rates went up and I purchased a 3-year at the old price -- now I wish I hadn't.

Maybe we can lobby the Skyclub folks to allow us to bring in outside food since nothing inside is edible.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If DL HQ were in Wisconsin, flyers wouldn't be greeted with processed cheese food. The real peanuts will continue.
If DL had just rolled out the WorldClub food options to the former Crown Room Clubs, then flyers wouldn't be greeted with any of these downgraded options.

But instead, rather than taking the best and adopting it system-wide, they took the "Delta" and adopted it system-wide.

If two airlines merge in a downturned economy, and most of their elites leave due to the "worst of both" integration decisions, will it be able to survive only on its laurels?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TheMoose
But instead, rather than taking the best and adopting it system-wide, they took the "Delta" and adopted it system-wide.
If we're going to pose rhetorical questions, I must ask why you expected anything different? 'Best' is not strictly about perceived product attributes - it's also about cost of providing it.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
If we're going to pose rhetorical questions, I must ask why you expected anything different? 'Best' is not strictly about perceived product attributes - it's also about cost of providing it.
Depends who you ask. However, it's worth noting that NW offered a better lounge product AND it cost less.

I believe that DL doesn't actually want to sell lounge memberships anymore. They want to inflate the list price so you feel like you're getting more value than you really are when you make DM or get the Amex or pay for it with miles. It's turning into the sit-down version of the 'Free Companion Ticket' - sounds good in the promo email, but not worth much when you realize what it actually is.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:04 pm
In Memoriam

But.... they do serve Coca~Cola Products. ^
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
'Best' is not strictly about perceived product attributes - it's also about cost of providing it.
Then "best" in the most absolute sense would be.... what... providing no food (at zero cost)?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Then "best" in the most absolute sense would be.... what... providing no food (at zero cost)?
$20 says Skyclub will start serving Soylent Green.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Everyone ought to send an email to DL or NWA (whichever you hold membership with) regarding the downgraded amenities (snacks) in the SkyClubs. I sent one in earlier this month regarding the hideous selection of snacks in the T2 JFK SC, as well as the fact that they were entirely all gone by 6:30pm, with just the dog chow left in the jars.

As with everything, if you don't complain to the right people, there is no chance for improvement.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:33 pm
In Memoriam

and here is another tidbit for the NWA crowd.... people in Altanta really don't care about Bret Farve.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I recently saw bagels available in the LAX Sky Club. Wish they had provided a toaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.