Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

5,000 DL miles for 2 day Avis rentals, or Drive away with Avis and 25,000 bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 DL miles for 2 day Avis rentals, or Drive away with Avis and 25,000 bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis/...ay-rental.html in the Avis forum.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
"Drive away with Avis and 25,000 bonus miles"

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...is.com_dl25000

Drive away with Avis and earn up to 25,000 bonus miles so you can fly away with Delta!

Dear AndyTLe,

Now through July 31, 2009, SkyMiles members can earn 5,000 bonus miles per completed rental when renting an Avis car for 2 or more consecutive days. Rent up to a maximum of 5 times during this offer period at participating airport locations in the United States and Canada and earn a total of 25,000 bonus miles. Here's how:

Mention coupon # MUAA088
Use AWD # K817600
Provide your SkyMiles number

Terms & Conditions
• 5,000 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of two or more consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the US and
Canada.
• Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
• An advance 24-hour reservation is required.
• Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.
• Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are
extra.
• Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
• Please mention coupon number MUAA088 to take receive bonus miles offer.
• SkyMiles number must be mentioned at time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive bonus miles.
• Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some
online rates at Avis.com.
• Car rental return restrictions may apply.
• Offer subject to change without notice.
• Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
• Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements.
• Minimum rental age may vary by location.
• An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
• Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.50 USD per day, may apply.
• Rental period valid from June 1, 2009 through July 31, 2009.
• Reservations and rentals must be completed by July 31, 2009.
• MAXIMUM NUMBER OF RENTALS PER CUSTOMER CANNOT EXCEED 5 RENTALS BETWEEN JUNE 1, 2009 AND JULY 31, 2009.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...is.com_dl25000
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:26 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Cool. Looks like I'll be moving my rentals over from National to Avis for a couple of months.

What about "participating locations?" Can anyone confirm that ATL is participating?
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Already mentioned here last week.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-rentals.html
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:53 am

this is already on top of using MUAA133 for 5k miles for every 4 day rental (extended to end of the year)
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It appears they learned their lessons from last summer's deals. I did a few quotes and this deal is pricing at minimum 50% higher than the competition.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:56 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by azarenski
this is already on top of using MUAA133 for 5k miles for every 4 day rental (extended to end of the year)
This promo would be instead of that promotion, not on top of (i.e., you're not getting 5,000 miles for MUAA133 and 5,000 miles for MUAA088, this promotion).
Old Jun 11, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Diamond Hilton Honors
I know it states to use the AWD Number and Coupon number for the bonus. I added the Coupon Number to another reservation of mine with my corporate AWD. It says it accepted the coupon. Any ever do this and still get the bonuses???
Old Jun 11, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by wbelovitz
I know it states to use the AWD Number and Coupon number for the bonus. I added the Coupon Number to another reservation of mine with my corporate AWD. It says it accepted the coupon. Any ever do this and still get the bonuses???
Yup!

I think its the coupon that generates the bonus, not the AWD #.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by wbelovitz
from the T&C

Hey mods, can we merge the two threads about MUAA088?
    Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:44 pm
    Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Evan!
    from the T&C
      I tested this offer last weekend, and received 5100 miles with a different AWD. They always have this stuff in the rules, but can't enforce it. Excellent deal, but nowhere near the $9.70 a.i. I paid for some of my rentals last year. If this coupon stays around until the end of the year, there may be some ok-ish deals during low season, but I doubt that the <.2cpm rates we saw last year will come back. For now, anyone interested in generating miles will likely be better off doing miles transfers (1.1cpm) rather than renting cars.
      Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
      If this coupon stays around until the end of the year, there may be some ok-ish deals during low season, but I doubt that the <.2cpm rates we saw last year will come back.
      Anything is possible but I doubt Avis will run this past July 31. They already have a 4-day coupon (MUAA133) that earns a 5K bonus through Dec 31, 2009. Also, they have limited the max bonus to 25K for MUAA088 so that tells me this will indeed end July 31. But we can still hope
      Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:07 pm
      Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Evan!
      ...Also, they have limited the max bonus to 25K...
      I wouldn't worry about that. They weren't able to enforce that limit last time, and they won't be now.
      Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:19 pm

I wouldn't worry about that. They weren't able to enforce that limit last time, and they won't be now.
      Not the way I remember it from last year. They added a max number of bonuses after a particular promo had already started. I see no reason why the would not be "able" to enforce this restriction. But if you (or anyone) gets 6? more power to ya!
      Old Jun 12, 2009, 2:19 am
      Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
      Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
      It appears they learned their lessons from last summer's deals. I did a few quotes and this deal is pricing at minimum 50% higher than the competition.
      I tested this offer last weekend, and received 5100 miles with a different AWD. They always have this stuff in the rules, but can't enforce it. Excellent deal, but nowhere near the $9.70 a.i. I paid for some of my rentals last year. If this coupon stays around until the end of the year, there may be some ok-ish deals during low season, but I doubt that the <.2cpm rates we saw last year will come back. For now, anyone interested in generating miles will likely be better off doing miles transfers (1.1cpm) rather than renting cars.
      Best I have been able to do so far is 0.5 cpm on my own dime which is still not bad. When my company pays the bill, I enjoy the bonus miles even more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.