5,000 DL miles for 2day rental

Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
5,000 DL miles for 2day rental

Drive away with 25,000 Bonus Miles from Avis
Take a shortcut to award travel. Drive away with Avis this summer and earn up to 25,000 bonus miles so you can fly away with Delta!

Now through July 31, 2009, SkyMiles® members can earn 5,000 bonus miles per completed rental when renting an Avis car for 2 or more consecutive days. Rent up to a maximum of 5 times during this offer period at participating airport locations in the United States and Canada and earn a total of 25,000 bonus miles. Mention coupon # MUAA088 and provide your SkyMiles number at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive your bonus miles. These miles are in addition to the base miles you receive every time you rent with Avis.

Additionally, you can save up to 25% off every Avis rental when you mention Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) # K817600.

With high-quality vehicles, exceptional programs, cutting-edge technology and exclusive discounts, Avis has everything you need for the first-rate rental experience you've been waiting for. These are just more ways that we try harder for you.

Offer subject to complete terms and conditions below.
Code:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

* 5,000 bonus miles valid on a qualifying rental of two or more consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada.
    * Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
    * An advance 24-hour reservation is required.
    * Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.
    * Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
    * Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
    * Please mention coupon number MUAA088 to take receive bonus miles offer.
    * SkyMiles number must be mentioned at time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive bonus miles.
    * Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com.
    * Car rental return restrictions may apply.
    * Offer subject to change without notice.
    * Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
    * Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
    * Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day, may apply.
    * Rental period valid from June 1, 2009 through July 31, 2009.
    * Reservations and rentals must be completed by July 31, 2009.
    * 5 RENTAL MAXIMUM PER CUSTOMER. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BONUS MILES AWARDED CANNOT EXCEED 25,000 MILES.
    * RENTALS MUST TAKE PLACE BETWEEN JUNE 1, 2009 AND JULY 31, 2009.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:02 pm

Thnx for posting this - was able to modify my rental tomorrow in ATL to add the coupon.^
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Same here for my rental tomorrow in GSO

TNX
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm a CO guy, but I guess I'll have to sign up for a DL account so I can get 25k free miles. It's much better than the 500 or 1500 CO miles per rental.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

This is cheaper than a miles transfer conga
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
man this is sweet

also, the T&C say holiday blackout but don't list any

is july 4 a blackout or not?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:36 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'm a CO guy, but I guess I'll have to sign up for a DL account so I can get 25k free miles. It's much better than the 500 or 1500 CO miles per rental.
Make sure you sign up for a NW WorldPerks account too. Get all the free miles (that post instantly) at WorldPerks University and them combine your DL and NW accounts for free. Once you link the two accounts, you will get 1,000 bonus miles!

If you want to really play the game, do both the Delta Pile on the Miles and Northwest 1,000 Miles per Activity promos as well. Both programs offers have Flyertalk links (DL promo and NW promo link here) that show you how to earn thousands of miles for free on these promos.

Play the game, baby. Play the game! Even if you never fly Delta, there is no reason you can't earn over 40,000 miles at hardly any cost (excluding the car rentals) within the next few weeks!!! Hurry, most of these offers expire end of June.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 4, 2009 at 4:46 am
Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:39 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
man this is sweet

also, the T&C say holiday blackout but don't list any

is july 4 a blackout or not?
I wouldn't count on it; so that just leaves you exactly 6 wkends to do 5 rentals if you plan on going that route. Or rent from 2 locations same wkend if you can do it.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Does anyone know how to figure out which locations are participating? IIRC several locations were not participating the last time one of these promos came through (notably ORF and PHF for me).

I'm hoping that JAX is participating as I'll be headed there in a couple weeks.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:51 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
* Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
This condition does not appear to be correct, but the website gave me a conspicuous error when I tried to book a car that did not qualify (2010 Camaro).
Originally Posted by AlecM
Thnx for posting this - was able to modify my rental tomorrow in ATL to add the coupon.^
Originally Posted by jackplum
Same here for my rental tomorrow in GSO
Be careful of this condition:
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
* An advance 24-hour reservation is required.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:35 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Refresh my memory if you (anyone) please. If I rent for 1-day and 7 hours I usually am charged the same as if I booked for exactly 2 days. Will Avis come back and say "sorry, you didn't rent for two days"? FTR, it is impossible for me to pick up the car any earlier or return it any later (flight schedules).

When I book using the 2-day coupon code I do not get any error message saying the rental does not meet the requirements but I usually only get this when my AWD code is not applicable, not the coupon code.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
It will be a valid two day rental . . .
Old Jun 7, 2009, 6:09 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I think after 3 hrs they'll count it as a 2nd day but the longer you have it the better off you'll be.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Is there a AWD/rate code that will be cheaper than the K817600? Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by derby44
Is there a AWD/rate code that will be cheaper than the K817600? Thanks
Try D005297 and report back on whether or not it reduces the price significantly for your particular rental needs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.