Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn up to 8k DL Bonus miles with Budget

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:30 am

A weekend rental of an intermidate SUV at a nearby airport started at only $32.99, however after the taxes and fees it jumped by almost 50%:

my promised rate
car 32.99

taxes & fees

airport concession fee 3.67
energy recovery fee 0.47/day 0.47
taxes 2.33
fees 6.73
options
equipment & services 0.00
protections 0.00
total USD 46.19

Although 7500 miles for only $46 is still a great deal those fees still leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
What's the deal with ATL not being a "sure thing"? Can anyone confirm one way or the other whether this promo is available at ATL?

I missed the last one but might take advantage of this one.

TIA.
Budget ATL is a franchise location and not a corporate location. There is no guarantee that ATL Budget will honor the promotion. During the last 9,999 promo a friend had two rentals at that location that DID NOT post. I believe others had trouble during the 5k promotion as well. I also looked at rates and it is expensive compared to some of the other locations at other airports. Not sure I want to gamble on a $70 plus taxes rate. Seems to be too risky.

LS
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:34 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Is that new math?

Originally Posted by patrickATX
$38.24 for an intermediate SUV in Austin, 7500 miles, ~$0.05 per mile.

How do I find out if Austin is a participating location?

I make it to be 1/2 of one penny per mile or $0.005
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:11 pm

Another sure fire way to find out if a location is corporate or franchise, is to click on the rent-more save-more rate tab at the top of the screen on step 2 of 4. If it is a franchise location, you will get the message......

"Sorry, this licensee-owned location doesn't participate in the Rent More, Save More program."

Sure enough, this message is given for the ATL location.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:33 pm

What Car Class Is This?

I need some help for the Budget frequent renter experts. To take advantage of this promo, I booked a full-size pick-up FORD F150 PICKUP LWB car class XW driver's choice for one day $29. This is how it's listed in my confirmation email. However, on the budget car classification page, it says a Ford F150 is an S class, and XW class belongs to a Cadillac STS.

so what do I have? A Ford or a Caddy? An S-class or XW-class?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
I need some help for the Budget frequent renter experts. To take advantage of this promo, I booked a full-size pick-up FORD F150 PICKUP LWB car class XW driver's choice for one day $29. This is how it's listed in my confirmation email. However, on the budget car classification page, it says a Ford F150 is an S class, and XW class belongs to a Cadillac STS.

so what do I have? A Ford or a Caddy? An S-class or XW-class?
If I had to guess, i would suspect XW is a special type of W-class car. This would mean you would get 7500 bonus miles. But thats just me...
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:16 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Ok. Thanks for copying CO, DL! In the CO offer, the t+c include franchisee locations. Dont fret to contact budget or the location (email) to confirm participation.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by vrbaba
From the DL Weekly Fare Sales Email. Not as good as the 10k promotion by renting for $21, but still decent for those who could not get in earlier. Many actually paid about 40-50 bucks per day for those 10k.

================================================== =======
Thank you for sharing. I will jump if it is Avis instead of Budget. The bonus miles for Budget rental from the last promotion haven't been posted yet.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Any max limit on this?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton & Marriott Silver
Cool

Originally Posted by camping
Thank you for sharing. I will jump if it is Avis instead of Budget. The bonus miles for Budget rental from the last promotion haven't been posted yet.
I'm gun shy on this one as my bonus miles from my 7/11/08 Budget rental (ABE location) for last promo havaen't posted yet either.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I needed a two day rental at BWI 12-14 September anyway - car, tax, and (extra) gas on the SUV will get me up to the same rate as Hertz, but I will end up with 7,500 miles instead of 1.5 WN RR credits. Not bad at all . . .

One thing to note - even if you click on Budget's link, you must enter the coupon that begins " MUAZ" for the car class you are reserving on the page where you enter your name and phone number.

Last edited by icurhere2; Sep 3, 2008 at 8:18 pm
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:40 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by icurhere2
One thing to note - even if you click on Budget's link, you must enter the coupon that begins " MUAZ" for the car class you are reserving on the page where you enter your name and phone number.
You also can enter the MUAZ coupon code in the BCD field on the front screen if you already have your BCD number as part of your Fastbreak profile.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:27 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks, LastSurvivor. Guess I'm going to miss out on this one too. Doesn't sound worth the risk for ATL. I might have a sniff around some in-town Atlanta locations, though.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I might have a sniff around some in-town Atlanta locations, though.
I think the T&Cs were explicit about participating airport locations only.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, AC SE, UA 1K, IC Plat A
New promotion- earn up to 8000 skymiles per day

Just found a new promotion that you can earn up to 8000 skymiles per rental day.

here is to link to the promotion:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...afall2008.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.