Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BUMP [Bring Us More Passengers] Program (Allowing Pax to Endorse Tix to NW)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUMP [Bring Us More Passengers] Program (Allowing Pax to Endorse Tix to NW)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by FlynGyn
Earlier this week, I was able to BUMP over to a ride on NW metal using a US eTicket.^

It hinged on finding a VERY helpful NW agent who knew what he was doing but he could NOT have made it any easier. I made my flights -- upgrade status & all -- without a hiccup. I was a very happy flyer that day!
that's very nice to hear.
it seems the whole thing basically hinges on "finding a VERY helpful NW agent who knows what he is doing," which is as scarce as hen´s teeth these days.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
So here's an odd one. I currently have a flight booked DTW-NW-ORD-US-BOS, where the "US" segment is a UA codeshare. Ticket is issued on either DL or NW stock (067*); fare is calculated as a DTW-ORD followed by an ORD-BOS, but it is all on one ticket.

Is this something that would be eligible for BUMP to a DTW-BOS n/s? Since it's on NW/DL ticket stock I imagine access is not a problem.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
So here's an odd one. I currently have a flight booked DTW-NW-ORD-US-BOS, where the "US" segment is a UA codeshare. Ticket is issued on either DL or NW stock (067*); fare is calculated as a DTW-ORD followed by an ORD-BOS, but it is all on one ticket.

Is this something that would be eligible for BUMP to a DTW-BOS n/s? Since it's on NW/DL ticket stock I imagine access is not a problem.
012 is NW
006 is DL

067 looks like "Air Moorea QE 067 "
Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dtremit

This is a very easy BUMP since your information is already in the NW system. Not sure about the 067 ticket???
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Missed the original zero -- it's 006. Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
No luck in PHX

I tried to BUMP a US ticket to a DL flight so not 100% sure that would have worked anyway. I made sure I was talking with a NW employee who was familiar with PARS.

He said he was familiar with the program but couldn't do it unless US gave DL control of the ticket. Having read this entire thread, I chatted with him and finally got him to actually pull up the policy in PARS. He just took a cursory look at it and said he couldn't do it. The reason he gave was that there was no guarantee DL would get paid. In other words, he could take the ticket and let me fly but DL might not get paid.

One thing did occur to me and that is if I paid for the ticket online at usairways.com, doesn't US already have my money and does that then make him correct in that there would be no guarantee of US paying DL?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by justhere
I tried to BUMP a US ticket to a DL flight so not 100% sure that would have worked anyway. I made sure I was talking with a NW employee who was familiar with PARS.

He said he was familiar with the program but couldn't do it unless US gave DL control of the ticket. Having read this entire thread, I chatted with him and finally got him to actually pull up the policy in PARS. He just took a cursory look at it and said he couldn't do it. The reason he gave was that there was no guarantee DL would get paid. In other words, he could take the ticket and let me fly but DL might not get paid.

One thing did occur to me and that is if I paid for the ticket online at usairways.com, doesn't US already have my money and does that then make him correct in that there would be no guarantee of US paying DL?
Northwest would get paid if he had accepted the ticket. He has no idea what he is talking about; if he was familiar with the policy he would know Northwest would get paid the face value of the ticket.

Keep trying.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by NWA012
Northwest would get paid if he had accepted the ticket. He has no idea what he is talking about; if he was familiar with the policy he would know Northwest would get paid the face value of the ticket.

Keep trying.
NWA012....if the customer was checked in on the US flight...wouldn't we have to get the US eticket back to "open" status to use the segment??
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Silver/1MM - EK Platinum - HH Gold
Originally Posted by OHDL1
NWA012....if the customer was checked in on the US flight...wouldn't we have to get the US eticket back to "open" status to use the segment??
+1
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by NWA012

Keep trying.
NWA012, thanks, that's what I thought. No I wasn't checked in so that wasn't the issue. The TA was very nice about it but as has been evidenced in this thread, when an employee honestly believes they know the answer anything they do or say is geared to supporting their belief.

Just to clarify, though, even if I paid US directly and the charge already shows on my credit card, NW would still get paid, correct? In essence I assume this comes down to NW presenting a valid ticket to US and US saying "we don't like it but we have to pay you"?

And does it make any difference if the flights are DL planes and DL operated vs. NW planes or NW operated?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:53 am

The majority of US carriers have ticket agreements with each other through domestic IATA rules. Basically the ticket is like cash - who ever has control of the ticket can redeem the ticket for the face value of the ticket. No matter who was originally paid or the restrictions on the ticket. This is not unique to Northwest and works the other way around with other carriers.

The ticket would have to be open for use to gain control, so yes the passenger would have to be un-checked to gain control of the ticket. Tell the passenger to have the other carrier un-check him/her, call the other carrier, go online and do it yourself....several easy ways to accomplish this.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 9:19 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Wish this worked at DL stations! Have a US itinerary on Monday out of LYH...would SO rather fly DL.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Will B.U.M.P work from a CO ticket to a DL Connection flight and then connecting to an AA flight?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by justhere
The TA was very nice about it but as has been evidenced in this thread, when an employee honestly believes they know the answer anything they do or say is geared to supporting their belief.
This is sooooo true!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Will B.U.M.P work from a CO ticket to a DL Connection flight and then connecting to an AA flight?
What is the routing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.