Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta forces ExpertFlyer to remove Elite Upgrade availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta forces ExpertFlyer to remove Elite Upgrade availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS G75K; Hilton Diamond
On DL.com, when logged in, if you move the cursor over "upgrade eligibility" won't it say "upgrade available" if you are within the window and seats are available? It won't give the number of seats but might be a decent alternative.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
So how do you search for OU/RU space now? Call and ask?
Good question. Has anyone tried this before? Wonder if agents would even tell us.

Originally Posted by Brian716
On DL.com, when logged in, if you move the cursor over "upgrade eligibility" won't it say "upgrade available" if you are within the window and seats are available? It won't give the number of seats but might be a decent alternative.
Is this true? I just looked at several short domestic flights tomorrow with empty F cabins and empty EC sections, and none of them showed "Upgrade Available".
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Heck, paging Shena, as her job just got a lot easier....
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
This usually works, but is certainly somewhat tedious...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
This is sad news . I just cancelled my expertflyer account since this was a feature I used often. My account was expecting to renew next week.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS G75K; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Is this true? I just looked at several short domestic flights tomorrow with empty F cabins and empty EC sections, and none of them showed "Upgrade Available".
Based on RU availability; just because the cabin is wide open doesn't mean DL releases UG inventory. I just searched BWI-ATL on Sunday for a point of reference and 2 of 3 first flights of the day say "upgrade available"
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
tin-hat speculation

Originally Posted by NewNole2001
Just got this email from ExpertFlyer:

[Delta forces ExpertFlyer to remove Upgrade availability ]

WTH Delta!?
Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm always a little confused by these.

EF says DL has "requested" that ExpertFlyer "remove the visibility" of these classes, which to me reads much differently than "Delta has stopped publishing these classes to our data source". Why doesn't EF just tell DL to get bent?

Originally Posted by fti
Kind of ironic that the airlines want customers drawn to their own websites (for upsells, etc) but then their websites are down sometimes for hours at a time, like yesterday.
[tin-hat speculation] Could these events be related--down once for RU search-results block, down again for OU search-results block? [/tin-hat speculation]
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Based on RU availability; just because the cabin is wide open doesn't mean DL releases UG inventory. I just searched BWI-ATL on Sunday for a point of reference and 2 of 3 first flights of the day say "upgrade available"
Thanks, my mistake -- had selected the wrong month.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Originally Posted by lamont2718
This is ridiculous. Paging ExpertFlyer Voice for any additional color.
Yes please. It would be great to have the details so that we can properly characterize the complaint to Delta.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Or....it was costing Expertflyer too much to acquire this data. If that is the case, that will get fixed pretty quickly when they see their membership plummet.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jsbh
Yes please. It would be great to have the details so that we can properly characterize the complaint to Delta.
As if Delta really cares? They're starting to act like the playground bully. Delta's website has gotten worse over the years, the phone agents are generally not too helpful, the award engine is severely limited (if not broken altogether) and now this. It really, really bothers me that I live in Atlanta. I wish we had viable options.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:04 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by jsbh
There is nothing further we can comment on. We suggest that you mention in any correspondence not only the value you derived as an elite traveler from the information that was removed, but how that might affect your loyalty with them. In addition, how those factors determine your overall spend amount with Delta and how that might now change.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:10 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I don't think DL "gives access" to EF. I think that EF uses screen-scraping to get their data. What I bet happened is that DL didn't like this and "asked" them to stop with a threat (perhaps implied) of litigation.

Just a guess.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Why did not everyone with an EF subscription get this notice?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
what are they screen scraping?

Originally Posted by andymo99
I don't think DL "gives access" to EF. I think that EF uses screen-scraping to get their data. What I bet happened is that DL didn't like this and "asked" them to stop with a threat (perhaps implied) of litigation.

Just a guess.
If they are screen scraping, then we should be able to find it or see if manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.