Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 TSA Precheck

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 7:26 pm
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

JFK T4 TSA Precheck

I know this has been a hot topic, so I wanted to start a new thread to address it (rather than post in the 23 threads where it has been discussed).

When Delta's new JFK T4 opens on 5/24, there WILL be a TSA precheck lane.

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
Old May 22, 2013, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
JFK T4 TSA Precheck

Great news!
Old May 22, 2013, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Great news! (even though I already knew this and had hinted it many times).

Thanks to DLCorpGalNYC for officially telling us and stopping any needless speculation/false info from others.
Old May 22, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
^
Good to hear
Old May 22, 2013, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Great news! (even though I already knew this and had hinted it many times).

Thanks to DLCorpGalNYC for officially telling us and stopping any needless speculation/false info from others.
Not surprised in the least bit.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Yes! Can't wait to fly out on May 24! Would love to get the 3 beeps so I can spend a little more time in the new terminal and SC. Thanks!
Old May 22, 2013, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Talking

THANK GOD!

This has got to be one of the best enhancements () in years!

-J.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Great news, but a lot of additional TSA check points operational at T4 would be greatly appreciated as well: when I went through T4 screening last Thursday afternoon it was an absolute zoo with incredibly long lines that moved at glacial speed through no more than a handful checkpoints that were open. Adding a lot of gates at T4 won't make those lines any shorter unless a lot of the checkpoint lines are open.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Great news, but a lot of additional TSA check points operational at T4 would be greatly appreciated as well: when I went through T4 screening last Thursday afternoon it was an absolute zoo with incredibly long lines that moved at glacial speed through no more than a handful checkpoints that were open. Adding a lot of gates at T4 won't make those lines any shorter unless a lot of the checkpoint lines are open.
I think that issue may well be the TSA...who will likley blame sequestration.

DLCorpGalNYC - thanks for the update!
Old May 23, 2013, 6:48 am

Thanks very much for the confirmation.

OK, I can't help myself. I know I should just leave this alone at "thank you", but.... If you know it has been a hot topic, and you are aware of the 23 threads on this, why not say something sooner? Why wait until T-2?

Rant over. Thank you.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Thanks very much for the confirmation.

OK, I can't help myself. I know I should just leave this alone at "thank you", but.... If you know it has been a hot topic, and you are aware of the 23 threads on this, why not say something sooner? Why wait until T-2?

Rant over. Thank you.
Um, it's a TSA decision, so perhaps DL had to wait on TSA?! THIS was mentioned recently by DLCorpGirl in another thread...
Old May 23, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by PHXflier

Precheck in T4 is great news!!

For folks without Pre-Check though, it will be interesting to see how security progresses. While each terminal has its own version of amateur hour, T4 has a collection of foreign carriers where many passengers have no clue how the TSA system works. This will likely create extra delays with people bringing non-permitted items through, not knowing procedure, etc.... all this that cause extra delays
Old May 23, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Million Miler and PM
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC
I know this has been a hot topic, so I wanted to start a new thread to address it (rather than post in the 23 threads where it has been discussed).

When Delta's new JFK T4 opens on 5/24, there WILL be a TSA precheck lane.

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
Great news. Starting tomorrow can we check in for all Delta JFK flights (including those departing out of Terminal 2) in T4 and use precheck?

Now Delta needs to focus on extending the A pier of T4 so we can finally get all delta ops under one roof, something AA has had for years.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by TOPGUN750
Great news. Starting tomorrow can we check in for all Delta JFK flights (including those departing out of Terminal 2) in T4 and use precheck?

Now Delta needs to focus on extending the A pier of T4 so we can finally get all delta ops under one roof, something AA has had for years.
But there are many other airlines that currently fly out of the A pier, so where would they go? It would probably take all of the gates to move all DL ops to T4
Old May 23, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Emirates202
But there are many other airlines that currently fly out of the A pier, so where would they go? It would probably take all of the gates to move all DL ops to T4
Terminal 7, or perhaps a future T2/3? I think something like this will happen in the long-long-...-long term.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.