Search

Delta matches UA and US's change fees

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Delta matches UA and US's change fees

The reason it took so long is because they have to use their own website to do it.

Mike
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
No surprise here...money see, monkey do.

Based on the fare rules, you may have to pay a service fee and/or a difference in fare. For travel within the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the fee is $200 for Delta-marketed flights.

For travel outside the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the change fee for Delta-marketed flights is typically $250, but can vary based on location and type of fare. Changes are usually permitted only to the return portion of an international itinerary.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-changes.html
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:32 pm

Hooray!!!! Hooray!!!!

Now that's always having your back!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Will hurt SkyKettles more than anything. I can't tell you the last time I actually paid a change fee. It's all about being creative
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:35 pm

Yup. Here's the old phrasing:
Based on the fare rules, you may have to pay a service fee and/or a difference in fare. For travel within the 50 United States, the fee is $150 for Delta flights.
Here's the new phrasing:
Based on the fare rules, you may have to pay a service fee and/or a difference in fare. For travel within the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the fee is $200 for Delta-marketed flights.
Link: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...t-changes.html

Hooray for the new enhancement!! It's been, what, 2 weeks?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Outstanding DL...

I'll stick to the $75(online)/$100(phone) AS charges (or zero for MVPG and higher)
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Pretty much were guaranteed this was coming. Just add it to the columns of why we're totally screwed with the airline-oligopoly.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:47 pm

Also, no possible way to spin this in a positive way? Maybe something like:

As a part of our continuous efforts to enhance and improve our customer service, and to ensure timely and efficient operation on your travel day, we are rolling out the better and updated ticket change program.

With this program enhancement, we have lowered the ticket change fee for travel to/from Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands from $250 to $200, allowing you greater flexibility in your travel.

Please note that change fees for travel within the US will also be $200, preventing some passengers from changing their tickets onto your flights, leaving some extra room for you. We value your loyalty THAT MUCH.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I don't much care about change fees since I rarely incur them. And when I do, I'm usually able to pass the cost along to clients. That said, it's disappointing that Delta didn't bother to give either the FT community or the Medallion ranks any advance notice. Such notice wouldn't really have mattered much, but honest disclosure would have been appreciated nonetheless.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Great. Next "enhancement": Gutting the upgrades.

Which will put the nail in their coffin for anyone caring about staying with DL if they are PM or under.

Last edited by kitkat77; Apr 30, 2013 at 2:01 pm Reason: Too specific, don't want to give DL ideas.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually the change fees for those other areas such as USVI and PR were $150 also, so there is no decrease.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kitkat77
Next "enhancement": Comp upgrades only to DM, and PM/GM/FO on a Y/B/M fare. Maybe stickers like AA but I bet not, just plain screw-over for lower elites on cheap fares.
No, next thing will be Phase 2 for evolution of skymiles... revenue based earning and redemption. Enjoy that BE ticket costing >500k miles!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Actually the change fees for those other areas such as USVI and PR were $150 also, so there is no decrease.
Oh, whatever. I was trying really hard..
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Hardly a surprise.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rwoman
No surprise here...money see, monkey do. ...
very well played rwoman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.