Search

JFK Terminal 4 and SkyPriority

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
JFK Terminal 4, SkyPriority and Oasis Lounge

Hey Flyertalkers,

Long time lurker and seldom poster here. I find this forum incredibly informative and appreciate all of your input. I'm hoping you can put that to use here (I've searched extensively, but haven't able to confirm an answer to my question).

Normally, I always go through the SkyPriority check-in at T2, regardless if I'm departing out of T2, T3, or T4 and enjoy the SkyClub in T2 before my flight. I'm flying to SJU tomorrow morning out of T4 and I was planning on arriving at T2 and taking the shuttle over to T4. I was thinking of arriving at T4 and hanging out at the Oasis Lounge prior to my flight, but I'm concerned about long security lines without first/business class (I am optimistic about my upgrade chances, but likely won't be cleared until at the gate). Have any of you flown out of T4 recently and can you confirm if there is a SkyPriority lane? Or would you just recommend arriving at T2, taking the shuttle (which I don't find a hassle), and arriving at the B gates.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited by tchmny; Mar 14, 2013 at 7:53 am
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: DM/3MM
First, the Oasis is a much better lounge than the Skyclubs, as it has real food and great views. That said, security in T4 is a crapshoot. There is still no official Skypriority line. However, for the past few months, I've been able to use the First/Biz line on the left to access security, even if in coach. And now, that said...after the TSA person checks your docs, the Skypriority line merges with all the others for security. I've gotten through in 10 min, and it's taken me over 30 min plus. The lines at T4 are too unpredictable.

However, since you are flying in the morning when activity is far lower than afternoon and evening, I'd head to T4. Also, last time I took the shuttle from T2 to T4, it took over 30 min by the time I got to the gate at T2...though it's been more efficient in the past.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
This applies to all passengers going through security at T4:

Starting on Thursday, March 14 John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) will activate the new central passenger security checkpoint on the 4th Floor Departures Level, and will simultaneously decommission A and B Con passenger security checkpoints. The central passenger security checkpoint provides for 12 TSA lanes and 6 Ticket Document Checkers but will be severely constrained until final construction is complete at the end of April/early May.

Once the construction is complete, the permanent passenger queuing space will be significantly expanded and will provide the full level and quality of passenger queuing that JFK has planned for T4, including a queue to accommodate 1st and business class passengers. For more information see: www.tfac-jfk.org

Until construction is complete at the new security checkpoint, we recommend that all guests, including First Class and Main Cabin Select travelers arrive to the airport early to allow for sufficient time to get through security.

http://www.virginamerica.com/news.do?int=news_0001_1
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Wow, thanks for posting! I wonder why they moved security now, rather than waiting until the new set up was complete? Assume it has to do with construction. I hope my flight goes out of T2 today...
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:29 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tchmny
I was thinking of arriving at T4 and hanging out at the Oasis Lounge prior to my flight. . . . .
Have anyone used the Oasis lately without an international boarding pass? Here are a couple of posts from late December about my experience trying to get in:

Originally Posted by davetravels
My very recent experience at the T4 Oasis Lounge:

I went there having flown in on JetBlue. I showed my SkyClub card, and was told that the rules have changed, and you now need to show a DL BP to enter.

Next day, I was flying to PIT on DL. I was told that you need an INT'L BP to enter!!!
Yes, of course I tried to argue (nicely) as to what I was told the day before, but they told me the rules changed recently, so I did the walk of shame out the door (twice!)
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Airside Oasis?

Having seen the construction of the new security lanes, I'm wondering if Oasis will soon be/is already after security (airside), although I realize that once the T4 Skyclub is opened, DL pax will lose access to Oasis.

Previously, Oasis' only drawback has/had been it was landside and that security situation in T4 was so wildly unpredictable.

Any firsthand reports on the footprint of the sterile area?

Last edited by bdnyc; Mar 14, 2013 at 10:03 am
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
People really need to relax with this Oasis stuff - it's a nice club, but c'mon it's just a club. I can only envision for the next few months as more travel comes from T4 how many posts will be discussing the Oasis club.

Much more importantly - it would be nice to get some info from DL regarding the security lines.

Based on that website, this is a major issue which may make checking in at T2 or T3 and taking the bus a better bet:
The configuration of the temporary queuing will unfortunately not allow for 1st or business class passengers to be given priority in the queue. To assist the airlines with providing this information to their priority passengers, IAT will install signs at the queue explaining that due to ongoing terminal construction, priority passenger queuing lines for a temporary period of time are not available.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Have anyone used the Oasis lately without an international boarding pass? Here are a couple of posts from late December about my experience trying to get in:
yes I used it last friday before my transcon out of T2. I arrived early (10am) and was only the 2nd guest in the club. Agent checked me in with SC Card and ID. Didn't ask for boarding pass and when I said I'd grab it for him he said don't worry i don't need it.

You have access to Oasis club as SC member. If agent puts up a fuss have them call DL and confirm.

Club was very nice. They brought out sandwiches and salad along with fresh cheese and veggies around 11:30am. I was there over 5 hours working on my laptop and left for T2 about 1.5 hours before my flight.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
People really need to relax with this Oasis stuff - it's a nice club, but c'mon it's just a club. I can only envision for the next few months as more travel comes from T4 how many posts will be discussing the Oasis club.[/B]
Why must you rain our everyone's enjoyment in the Oasis club?

It is VASTLY improved over DL Sky clubs. I would say it was as nice as KLM sky clubs in Europe that I've been to.

so enjoy your DL Skyclub and fake/real cheese. I leave extra early to arrive at JFk so i can utilize the Oasis club and I'll continue doing so. And I might even continue raving about it on FT. Just to spite the complainers out there.

So much to get upset about when travelling with DL. Must we always be ashamed to admit that we had a nice time in the Oasis club as well.

On a side note, do you think DL will end their relationship with Oasis once the new T4 Sky club opens up with the rooftop terrace? I certainly hope not! I really appreciate the free food at meal time especially when I won't get an UG on my 5+ hour flight.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:28 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mridley2
You have access to Oasis club as SC member. If agent puts up a fuss have them call DL and confirm.
This is funny, because I remember back in December when I posted the above in another thread, I checked DL.com for locations as a SkyClub member, the Oasis didn't show up - - but it DOES now!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:50 pm

... I leave extra early to arrive at JFk so i can utilize the Oasis club and I'll continue doing so. ...
My friend you have WAAAY to much time on your hands then...

On a side note, do you think DL will end their relationship with Oasis once the new T4 Sky club opens up with the rooftop terrace? I certainly hope not! I really appreciate the free food at meal time especially when I won't get an UG on my 5+ hour flight.
This is actually a good point - I would have to assum DL will end the relationship. Why pay the Oasis people if they don't have to anymore. Unless they feel the T4 club won't have sufficient capacity, but I can't imagine they didn't build one big enough
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Jake at Modhop discussed this in detail earlier.

IMHO a few months of pain is worth it knowing what a great facility the new T4 will be.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
People really need to relax with this Oasis stuff - it's a nice club, but c'mon it's just a club. I can only envision for the next few months as more travel comes from T4 how many posts will be discussing the Oasis club.

Much more importantly - it would be nice to get some info from DL regarding the security lines.

Based on that website, this is a major issue which may make checking in at T2 or T3 and taking the bus a better bet:
The configuration of the temporary queuing will unfortunately not allow for 1st or business class passengers to be given priority in the queue. To assist the airlines with providing this information to their priority passengers, IAT will install signs at the queue explaining that due to ongoing terminal construction, priority passenger queuing lines for a temporary period of time are not available.
They're surely kidding. This is horrendous. I wonder whether airline staff will be walking IFC passengers to the front of the line, as I've sometimes noticed in T2 as well as T4 (airlines like SQ there)..
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that Oasis is in Priority Pass.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Jake at Modhop discussed this in detail earlier.

IMHO a few months of pain is worth it knowing what a great facility the new T4 will be.
I disagree - my primary interest in an airport is getting in and out. For the next 2 months if I need to budget 1+ hours to get through Security that is a big problem.

Also, don't forget that T4 security will not be exclusive to Delta. T4 is amateur hour with a whole bunch of folks not used to US regulations. Expect it to take longer to clear those passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.