Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler/Flying Colonel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Million Miler/Flying Colonel

I am a one MM and FC. As lifetime SM do I get any perks or upgrade status from MM and FC? They now let me check one bag free instead previous 2.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Hitting MM on Delta is like getting slapped in the face, especially compared to what one gets on some other carriers.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
As a FC, I can assure you that your FC status gets you nothing but remembrances of broken promises (and occasional recognition by a FA who actually knows what a FC was).

When did you make MM? If it was on or after May 1, 2003, you do not have lifetime FO (SM) benefits... you have annual complementary FO (SM) benefits.

If you have lifetime FO benefits, reflect on the "lifetime" FC benefits.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
When did you make MM? If it was on or after May 1, 2003, you do not have lifetime FO (SM) benefits... you have annual complementary FO (SM) benefits.
I really don't see the difference .... one says i am a FO for life and other says they will grant me FO every year. Assumedly they could pull either at any time.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

MM

Same here.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by mikepa
I really don't see the difference .... one says i am a FO for life and other says they will grant me FO every year. Assumedly they could pull either at any time.
Technically, if you are granted 'lifetime' status, it cannot be revoked ever (at least not until you die....)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Technically, if you are granted 'lifetime' status, it cannot be revoked ever (at least not until you die....)
Or they do.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:11 pm

So if someone wins $2000 a year for life vs someone wins $2000 annually (with no time limit specified) aren't they both getting $2000 a year?

I could understand the differentiation if it said "Annual FO for as long as we feel like it", but there's no time limit specified, implying forever ...

In fact the second may be better - when I die I can still fly in my coffin as FO whereas the for life guy FO would have expired!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
You mean like the "lifetime" lounge membership that FCs enjoyed?

David
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:23 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
So if someone wins $2000 a year for life vs someone wins $2000 annually (with no time limit specified) aren't they both getting $2000 a year?

I could understand the differentiation if it said "Annual FO for as long as we feel like it", but there's no time limit specified, implying forever ...

In fact the second may be better - when I die I can still fly in my coffin as FO whereas the for life guy FO would have expired!
You have to ask Delta why they changed the wording from "lifetime" to "annual renewable." There must be a difference to them or they would not have changed it.

To me there is a very distinct different. Lifetime means just that. Annual renewable means it is only on an annual basis and (presumably) will be renewed, but the wording gives them a very easy "out" to not renew it.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer

In both cases something has expired: In the former - the passenger, in the latter, the benefit. I'd call it a wash.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:24 pm

I will be approaching Million Miles soon. Do I start out with 25,000 miles every year and only need to fly an additional 25,000 miles to make Gold?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by ges123
I will be approaching Million Miles soon. Do I start out with 25,000 miles every year and only need to fly an additional 25,000 miles to make Gold?
No. That would be valuable.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Now you are catching on...^. As others have pointed out, there had to be a reason for the change.

Originally Posted by DiverDave

David
Sigh. Sort of an Orwellian interpretation of "lifetime," wasn't it?

Originally Posted by sethb
No. That would be valuable.
^^
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DiverDave

David
thankfully they can't take my Lifetime lounge membership away.....I'm just hoping lifetime means mine not Delta's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.