Search

TSA Pre Check

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
TSA Pre Check

I got the email from Delta about TSA Pre Check and it said to "opt in" when I click the link it takes me to the page to enter my name etc on deltas website. Am I missing something? Is there something more I should be doing?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
No that's all you need to do. Just remember that pre check isnt necessarily every time, its sort of random
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: DL GE
Do it. It is awesome and I would give them my DNA and $100 to let me do it every time from every airport.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Do it. It is awesome and I would give them my DNA and $100 to let me do it every time from every airport.
+1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
Originally Posted by JujuJLT
+1
then get Global Entry, I have been selected about 99%, except on days I am flying international.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:42 am

Actually I was one of the early adopters of GE as I fly internationally at least once a month. It's interesting though, I got it 100% of the time until around July, at which it became very very random... I get it about 1 in 5 domestic now. I'm not sure why, there is no cause I can discern other than the inherent 'randomness'. And of course I always miss it on the days I'm in a hurry......
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mendel k
No that's all you need to do. Just remember that pre check isnt necessarily every time, its sort of random
I'm 100% except for international flights.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL -DM, CO - PM
Got it today at LAX. I have had GE for two years and this was the first time although most of my flights are international. Today I was connecting from SYD.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by SLC 4217
then get Global Entry, I have been selected about 99%, except on days I am flying international.
Same. Global Entry helps I think, make sure you put that number in. Global Entry is awesome period. I have landed in ATL and been in my Gwinnett Co office before travel companions have even left the airport. I would also give DNA and big $$$ for things that save time.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL GE
As a Silver earlier this year I was under the impression I wasn't qualified no more, nor did I have access (for all that I knew) flying out of LAS to use the priority security line (I wasn't FC). After waiting 20 minutes to get to the podium the TSA agent said I cleared PC if I wanted to walk over to the other line, I declined and he looked at me befuddled.

Told him my wife with me wouldn't clear and after already getting this far it didn't make sense, but it was a nice tease...

But even as Silver when upgraded it was nice to get cleared...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
One of the best investments I've ever made in regards to flying.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:43 pm

Sadly, I have not had the same luck as many of you. I am at less than 50% on domestic itineraries. In particular, I think I have missed the last 5 or 6 times. I am DM and GE.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by shiner
Sadly, I have not had the same luck as many of you. I am at less than 50% on domestic itineraries. In particular, I think I have missed the last 5 or 6 times. I am DM and GE.
I'm sure you saw my post, but I'm the same - I'm sorry you're having the same bad luck but I find it reassuring that it's not just me that somehow misses this a lot.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Took my first flight since qualifying for Global entry and got the three beeps for the first time ^ (flying out of LGA)

Unfortunately, the guy in front of me also got 3 beeps and didn't really know what it was, so he slowed me up going through the metal detector as he struggled with his shoes and asked about his laptop

Still very pleased with the experience, and I hope I continue to bat 1.000
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:16 pm

Success at BWI today. Not 1 person in the TSA line!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.