Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub membership: 1500 MQMs or 2 months free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium

Good whether you are renewing membership or purchasing it for the first time. May be helpful for those who are this close to getting the next level of status.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...omos/index.jsp
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Good whether you are renewing membership or purchasing it for the first time. May be helpful for those who are this close to getting the next level of status.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...omos/index.jsp
Thanks

and for a lot of us the MQM's can be carried.

Bob H
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The campaign to pack the clubs up to the rafters continues... the $50 enrollment fee for new members is waived.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The campaign to pack the clubs up to the rafters continues... the $50 enrollment fee for new members is waived.
Maybe the clubs suddenly emptied out.

For a DM or PM, you're looking at 1500 MQM for $300. $0.20 per MQM, which isn't great but if you can use the MQMs what the heck.

David
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by DiverDave
For a DM or PM, you're looking at 1500 MQM for $300.
Why would a DM buy a SC membership?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Why would a DM buy a SC membership?
They just add an extra year on to your membership, to use when you are no longer DM. I may use this to keep my DM status at the last minute if needed.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Delta Sky Club facilities may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline.
Is this new? I know AS just changed their BR policies to be the same as this, but I was under the impression that access to the Sky Club did not require same day ticketed travel as long as you were a full member and not trying to access on SkyTeam status.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
They just add an extra year on to your membership, to use when you are no longer DM. I may use this to keep my DM status at the last minute if needed.
Exactly. I had a paid membership when DM program started, so my membership keeps getting extended by a year. Now it's good into 2016.

David
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by doubleA
Is this new? I know AS just changed their BR policies to be the same as this, but I was under the impression that access to the Sky Club did not require same day ticketed travel as long as you were a full member and not trying to access on SkyTeam status.
And more specifically:

Members and visitors must be able to access the Club location and security clearance without needing a gate pass.

Of course this rule is rarely enforced:

Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere.

David
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Maybe the clubs suddenly emptied out.

For a DM or PM, you're looking at 1500 MQM for $300. $0.20 per MQM, which isn't great but if you can use the MQMs what the heck.

David
It's all rollover for now.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
And more specifically:

Members and visitors must be able to access the Club location and security clearance without needing a gate pass.

Of course this rule is rarely enforced:

Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere.

David
Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.

This one too.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:50 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Glad it applies for renewals.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Any itinerary I take is automatically an international one, so as a Gold Medallion there is absolutely no benefit to me in having a SkyClub membership.

I might have considered this in March 2013, when I probably will lose all status, but only if SkyClub membership is extended to include all SkyTeam lounges.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:20 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the 1500 MQMs to post to your account? I'm about 500 MQMs short of being extending my Silver Medallion status for next year and I'm wondering if this is my best bet to get the needed miles. Last year I used a hotel promo to get the last bit of miles needed.

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by doubleA
Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.
More like "Delta refuses the right to limit admittance to anyone for any reason whatsoever as long as the fire code has not been exceeded."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.