FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   SkyClub membership: 1500 MQMs or 2 months free (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1275487-skyclub-membership-1500-mqms-2-months-free.html)

LoganFlyer Nov 2, 2011 10:16 am

SkyClub membership: 1500 MQMs or 2 months free

Good whether you are renewing membership or purchasing it for the first time. May be helpful for those who are this close to getting the next level of status.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...omos/index.jsp

BobH Nov 2, 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer (Post 17378231)
Good whether you are renewing membership or purchasing it for the first time. May be helpful for those who are this close to getting the next level of status.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...omos/index.jsp

Thanks

and for a lot of us the MQM's can be carried.

Bob H

StayingHomeIsBetter Nov 2, 2011 10:34 am

The campaign to pack the clubs up to the rafters continues... the $50 enrollment fee for new members is waived. :td:

DiverDave Nov 2, 2011 11:05 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 17378338)
The campaign to pack the clubs up to the rafters continues... the $50 enrollment fee for new members is waived. :td:

Maybe the clubs suddenly emptied out. :cool:

For a DM or PM, you're looking at 1500 MQM for $300. $0.20 per MQM, which isn't great but if you can use the MQMs what the heck.

David

DLdweeb Nov 2, 2011 11:10 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 17378519)
For a DM or PM, you're looking at 1500 MQM for $300.

Why would a DM buy a SC membership?

Uncle Lars Nov 2, 2011 11:15 am

Originally Posted by DLdweeb (Post 17378556)
Why would a DM buy a SC membership?

They just add an extra year on to your membership, to use when you are no longer DM. I may use this to keep my DM status at the last minute if needed.

doubleA Nov 2, 2011 11:31 am

Delta Sky Club facilities may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline.
Is this new? I know AS just changed their BR policies to be the same as this, but I was under the impression that access to the Sky Club did not require same day ticketed travel as long as you were a full member and not trying to access on SkyTeam status.

DiverDave Nov 2, 2011 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars (Post 17378583)
They just add an extra year on to your membership, to use when you are no longer DM. I may use this to keep my DM status at the last minute if needed.

Exactly. I had a paid membership when DM program started, so my membership keeps getting extended by a year. Now it's good into 2016. :)

David

DiverDave Nov 2, 2011 11:38 am

Originally Posted by doubleA (Post 17378681)
Is this new? I know AS just changed their BR policies to be the same as this, but I was under the impression that access to the Sky Club did not require same day ticketed travel as long as you were a full member and not trying to access on SkyTeam status.

And more specifically:

Members and visitors must be able to access the Club location and security clearance without needing a gate pass.

Of course this rule is rarely enforced:

Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere. :rolleyes:

David

rwoman Nov 2, 2011 11:43 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 17378519)
Maybe the clubs suddenly emptied out. :cool:

For a DM or PM, you're looking at 1500 MQM for $300. $0.20 per MQM, which isn't great but if you can use the MQMs what the heck.

David

It's all rollover for now. :)

doubleA Nov 2, 2011 11:45 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 17378746)
And more specifically:

Members and visitors must be able to access the Club location and security clearance without needing a gate pass.

Of course this rule is rarely enforced:

Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere. :rolleyes:

David

Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.

This one too.

Spiff Nov 2, 2011 11:50 am

Glad it applies for renewals.

Dovster Nov 2, 2011 12:00 pm

Any itinerary I take is automatically an international one, so as a Gold Medallion there is absolutely no benefit to me in having a SkyClub membership.

I might have considered this in March 2013, when I probably will lose all status, but only if SkyClub membership is extended to include all SkyTeam lounges.

ucfpirate Nov 2, 2011 12:20 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the 1500 MQMs to post to your account? I'm about 500 MQMs short of being extending my Silver Medallion status for next year and I'm wondering if this is my best bet to get the needed miles. Last year I used a hotel promo to get the last bit of miles needed.

Thanks

jsmith50 Nov 2, 2011 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by doubleA (Post 17378788)
Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.

More like "Delta refuses the right to limit admittance to anyone for any reason whatsoever as long as the fire code has not been exceeded."