Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club Promotion Codes and Discounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Sky Club Promotion Codes and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Did even better

David gave me the idea on his post, so I checked it...
3 years, new PM=770 (720+50 initiation fee).
20% using FRNDSAPR09= 616.
Wait till the first day of May (next week) to get 30 days more... even better.
Overall- 1126 days of membership from May 1, 2009 (365*3+1 day on Feb/29/2012+30 days extra in May 2012), at 0.547 dollars a day (!). Given my modest 20 flights a year, even though most are international (so I get the access as PM), it is well worth it. Just so I can add the junior fellows with me when going along. Not a big drinker here, but if you are a drinker, that is probably the best deal in ratio of drinks quality, variety and amount per cost! (even after the 1 dollar tip per drink, which I personally do leave anywhere but Tokyo, where the explicitly ask DO NOT leave tips). I think someone can probably figure out a way to sell it as a bar registration...LOL

That, plus the fact that I might reduce the travel load for one year to make sure that I have more time to dedicate to the better half :-) So, I can keep the access to lounge and the family :-), I think the other half would smile.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by DLroads
Wait till the first day of May (next week) to get 30 days more... even better. Overall- 1126 days of membership from May 1, 2009 (365*3+1 day on Feb/29/2012+30 days extra in May 2012), at 0.547 dollars a day (!).
How does this jive with the Terms and Conditions:

Offer only applies to one-year or three-year membership and is valid until April 30, 2009.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Will check...

But, even if not, I'll pursue it now. As of today, 1103 days at $616 dollars.
Puts it at 55.8 cents a day. Still worth it, but I will call SMS (now premium members and services) I was once told on a different promotion that the computer cuts it off a bit later (Pacific time).
Even if not, I'd probably pursue just for the good partner purposes. My better half wants to see me more, and she's willing to cut on her flights as well (she flys with the "enemy', though)

Updated: Chat with SMS. Code should work on May 1 as well, but it is not really official. Be on safe side if used on Pacific Time Zone before the end of 4/30. Something to do with the way the things are usually programmed. Go figure. Might do it before after all, just b/c I don't really care about the additional 30 days, but it is just the principle of getting more for same.

Last edited by DLroads; Apr 24, 2009 at 1:48 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I just tried it and got "invalid promotional code". Was this targeted?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Marylou
No, the original post and e-mail stated that it should be shared.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:25 pm

No General Promotion

Make sure that there are no tabs/spaces in the code.
The code is not targeted.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Thanks AndyTLe.
I just saved $60 on my renewal.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Yep. I had copied & pasted it and there was a . at the end. I can't believe I missed this promotion, as we get "and spouse" membership and that saved a ton.
Old May 1, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

On a 757 with PTV. One of the slideshow ads is for a 10% discount on 1- or 3-year CRC memberships.

Code is 10PDSCMay9.

This replaces the 20% discount that expired on 4/30 in case you missed.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I renewed April 21. Does anybody know when the new card should arrive? I have a flight on Continental May 10 and want to go to the CO President's Club. I'm not sure if they will accept the paper temporary card to let me in since they can't swipe it like they do the real card.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by Richard1148
I renewed April 21. Does anybody know when the new card should arrive? I have a flight on Continental May 10 and want to go to the CO President's Club. I'm not sure if they will accept the paper temporary card to let me in since they can't swipe it like they do the real card.
I renewed 4/16 and my card was in my mailbox when I got back from DTW on Friday, 5/1. Assuming it arrived that day, 15 days. You should be fine. I have no experience using temp card at PC, but I'd think they can key in your SM number, which is the only info they need.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Richard1148
I've used a paper temporary card for CO PCs before without problems.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
No, the original post and e-mail stated that it should be shared.
I just tried the code by copying & pasting. I got the same "invalid promotional code" message. Then I tried typing in the code by hand. Same problem. I then tried changing the "zero nine" to "O" and then nine. Nothing is working. I think it is targeted in some way even though they want you to forward the email to friends. Strange.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
It expired end of April. Hence it is invalid.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Thanks jbatl and AndyTLe. It appears that my card should arrive this week, but if it doesn't, I'll make sure that I have my temporary card with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.