Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using SkyMiles with Alaska Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by gmax58
Here's my planned itinerary - I'd like to know if there is any way to do better. Please note that dates are firm, and assume O&D are also firm. Stopovers and connecting points

Trip: ORD-OGG roundtrip

9/4: ORD-MSP-PDX (DL in F, saver)
9/5: PDX-OGG (AS in Y)
9/12: OGG-MSP-ORD (DL in Y, medium)

1. Would this routing then be 145K for two people? (2 x 40K + 2 x 32.5K)? DL.com wants 195K for it.
Delta is pricing an extra domestic coach rt at 2 x 25k. Probably at PDX. Delta allows one free in-route stopover, so I'm puzzled. If any of the other connections besides PDX exceed four hours, then that is the reason.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
None of the remaining connections exceed 4 hours (that's why I had to pass on an overnight return via SJC).
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I managed to grab a low-tier F r/t award to SEA on AS in March. I am wondering what folks know about lounge access?

AS web site says "First Class perks - Enjoy free Alaska Lounge access with a purchased First Class ticket."

I get that if one is an MVP and is traveling on a comp upgrade, they wouldn't get lounge access. Does a miles redemption via DL count as a 'purchased ticket'? My guess is yes, but so far haven't found info on the Alaska web site.

Frankly, on a nonstop like this, it doesn't matter that much, but I might want to have a look around or a snack prior to boarding. If the answer is no, its no biggie.

Edit: if the answer is yes, does it work at the United club at MSP as the partner facility? Thx.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:43 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by RaflW
I managed to grab a low-tier F r/t award to SEA on AS in March. I am wondering what folks know about lounge access?

AS web site says "First Class perks - Enjoy free Alaska Lounge access with a purchased First Class ticket."

I get that if one is an MVP and is traveling on a comp upgrade, they wouldn't get lounge access. Does a miles redemption via DL count as a 'purchased ticket'? My guess is yes, but so far haven't found info on the Alaska web site.

Frankly, on a nonstop like this, it doesn't matter that much, but I might want to have a look around or a snack prior to boarding. If the answer is no, its no biggie.

Edit: if the answer is yes, does it work at the United club at MSP as the partner facility? Thx.
Either paid F or award F are eligible for Alaska lounge access. If someone is upgraded (based on elite status for example) then they don't get lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.