Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Route disappears when searching (Miles vs Cash)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.

Does DL not sell Skyteam flights on their website for cash? I'm looking at a oneway route on MU (PHX-LAX-PVG) for 95000mi in DeltaOne, which I can transfer from my Amex account, but I need two seats. When I went to China Eastern's website it doesn't find any seats available out of Phoenix.

Would my only option be to buy the points at booking time and if so, does Delta allow that?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Gig103
Does DL not sell Skyteam flights on their website for cash? I'm looking at a oneway route on MU (PHX-LAX-PVG) for 95000mi in DeltaOne, which I can transfer from my Amex account, but I need two seats. When I went to China Eastern's website it doesn't find any seats available out of Phoenix.

Would my only option be to buy the points at booking time and if so, does Delta allow that?
Maybe MU doesn't code share the DL flight PHX LAX?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by tentseller
Maybe MU doesn't code share the DL flight PHX LAX?
I think that's plausible. CEair.com will sell me LAX-PVG but not PHX-PVG.

Odd (to me) that DL would award mixed airline tickets without a codeshare, but not sell it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Gig103
I think that's plausible. CEair.com will sell me LAX-PVG but not PHX-PVG.

Odd (to me) that DL would award mixed airline tickets without a codeshare, but not sell it.
There are lot of routes on which DL doesn't codeshare -- and some that they can't even if they wanted to. All award tickets are coded by operating carrier and facilitated by decades of interline agreements that extend far beyond alliance partners.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:19 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Have you looked for the flights on matrix? If you can get them there use www.book withmatrix.com to get them ticketed.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
Have you looked for the flights on matrix? If you can get them there use www.book withmatrix.com to get them ticketed.
Oh that was a good idea. I haven't clicked through the website or with the plugin to see it pop up but the flight is now there. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.