Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL's first A350 will arrive at ATL tomorrow evening!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite

For all those interested, the delivery flight for DL's first A350, N501DN, which is flying from TLS>ATL tomorrow, can be tracked on the link below. I wonder how many FTers will happen to be at the airport or in the area when it lands?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...210Z/LFBO/KATL
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder whether it will be hanging around ATL next weekend when a bunch of come in for the DL ATL (MINI) DO. It would sure be fun to see that shiny new big bird from a SC window.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I think it would have been a nice gesture to the employees at DTW if they had scheduled the delivery flight there. After all, that's where the plane will be based.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I think it would have been a nice gesture to the employees at DTW if they had scheduled the delivery flight there. After all, that's where the plane will be based.
Then they will see it soon enough? I'm no Delta lover but ATL is home so taking it there seems perfectly sensible.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by audidudi
For all those interested, the delivery flight for DL's first A350, N501DN, which is flying from TLS>ATL tomorrow, can be tracked on the link below. I wonder how many FTers will happen to be at the airport or in the area when it lands?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...210Z/LFBO/KATL
1700 is a precarious time to be arriving to ATL. Might be welcomed to the US with thunderstorms instead of water cannons.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Then they will see it soon enough? I'm no Delta lover but ATL is home so taking it there seems perfectly sensible.
Plus ATL may have some expert mechanics that wanna take a look at it upon first inspection...
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Plus ATL may have some expert mechanics that wanna take a look at it upon first inspection...
I was thinking that some of the DL executives might want to check out how they spent so much money. It's almost a historic occasion for DL to actually purchase a brand new airplane.

Now, if someone (mechanic or otherwise) could just be nice and tow it over to the DL museum for next Saturday, we'd really appreciate a sneak peak.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:57 pm

FYI, now being reported that the Friday flight plan is a test/dummy effort. Actual TATL crossing is Saturday.

Also, I believe all fleet induction occurs at ATL. Even brand new the planes go through some work before entering service.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:49 am

Saturday arrival now confirmed. Late at night. :/

mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:12 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Arriving at 11:30PM on a saturday? They obviously want to minimize coverage.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by pvn
That's odd. I would have expected at least a small ceremony so that DL could invite the media.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I land Monday AM around 10am. Hopefully it is sitting around somewhere I can see it.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It is nice that DL is getting a new plane, but is it really that big of a deal? Its not like its one of the first A350s in production. Maybe I'm a little sour since its replacing the beloved 747s
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:17 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It's the first A350 for a US Airline. It's not a huge deal but it's not nothing either.

Since they're coming in under the cover of darkness, I'm wondering if they're planning on stashing it in a hanger for a few days until they have some big unveiling event next week.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
Perhaps they have some bigger announcement plan in place so they are trying to minimize coverage now so they can make a bigger splash with a more comprehensive welcome ceremony.

Just speculation though no actual insight.

Edit: I see you beat me to the punch on my response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.