Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort+ seat poachers

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Forget about whatever info is on it, what gives a random passenger the authority to request seeing someone else's boarding pass? I'm not showing it simply because, I don't have to and it's none of your business.
Yep, 100% in agreement.

I have to say, I've never been asked to show a boarding pass by non-Delta personnel, so I don't know where all these self-appointed aircops go, but I guess I'm lucking I haven't seen any yet.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:33 pm

Another plausible situation would be that the passenger was eligible for Comfort+ through medallion or other means, opted out of the upgrade list for the same reasons as many on here, and then decided to ask during boarding whether any Comfort+ was available. The gate agent could have told the passenger that they could have that seat, without bothering to update the seatmap since the flight wasn't full anyway.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by gooselee
This was my thought, too.

I've sometimes asked an FA if I could move OUT of C+ in order to have an empty seat next to me. Always hilarious seeing the C+ section crammed full and three rows back there's someone stretched out across a full row all to him/herself.
I've seen this a few times and makes no sense to me. I was perfectly comfortable in a row all to myself.

Last labor day weekend I turned down an upgrade (would have been in 1A on an MD88) to sit in the first row of C+ all by myself (think it was row 10).
Old May 7, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Sorry, but I don't give my name to random strangers for no reason, nor do I wish some random person to be able to see my PNR, FF number, SC membership information, credit card information, etc.
Do what I do: Fold it.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Formulanone
Do what I do: Fold it.
Easier solution: Just say no to anyone who isn't a DL employee working the flight. (This includes nonrevs.)
Old May 7, 2017, 9:48 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Easier solution: Just say no to anyone who isn't a DL employee working the flight. (This includes nonrevs.)
this

don't give into pushy busybodies, you'll just encourage them
Old May 7, 2017, 9:54 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
don't give into pushy busybodies Deputy Diamonds, you'll just encourage them us.
Fixed that for'ya.

Old May 7, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
Come to think of it, I've never had to show my ticket unless I was upgraded after taking my "incorrect" seat.

Guess what? Take my seat, you show your boarding pass. Two discourteous actions do not negate each other. But if it's just a straight back-forward swap, I'm not going to raise a fuss. People seem to do this in F without much trouble.

Can't say I've had more than one person a year even attempt to poach my seat on Delta (CRJ200s, excluded because it seems to accidentally happen a lot of the time). It's only "accidentally" if they're already chatting up a conversation by the time I get there...
Old May 9, 2017, 1:33 pm

They weren't in the OP's seat...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Forget about whatever info is on it, what gives a random passenger the authority to request seeing someone else's boarding pass? I'm not showing it simply because, I don't have to and it's none of your business.
I agree...unless you are making a claim based on your boarding pass like "Oh, this is really MY seat" or "They must have duped the seat assignments". Then you should be willing to show it to back up your claim.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
I agree...unless you are making a claim based on your boarding pass like "Oh, this is really MY seat" or "They must have duped the seat assignments". Then you should be willing to show it to back up your claim.
You can show it to the FA and not the other passenger. It's not always a good idea to show your name and other personal information (like whether you have a Reserve card or your FF status) to a stranger.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Not only that, but the barcode on the boarding pass gives access to "some nuggets of personal information" according to Snopes, which will then be available to Ann Coulter when she takes a picture.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The OP is no more entitled to both 7A and 7B than the poacher was of the Comfort+ seat.

Self-awareness seems to be in short supply.
OP is more entitled to it than an E- poacher because OP paid for E+.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette
OP is more entitled to it than an E- poacher because OP paid for E+.
....but OP paid for one C+ seat, not two.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:47 pm

....but OP paid for one C+ seat, not two.
OP did not pay for two seats but he did pay to be in E+ or C+, whichever it was, and the E- seat poacher did not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.