Wiki Posts
Search

A330 ATL-HNL WiFi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL platinum
A330 ATL-HNL WiFi

Hello, I've searched but can't find a definite answer on this. We'll soon be flying DL on an A330 from ATL-HNL. It looks like this type of plane is equipped on international flights with GoGo global WiFi. Will the same be true on this one? I'm hoping to catch up on work over the Pacific before and after vacation. Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I had it both directions last fall including one direction where there wasn't even a charge.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by Richie-Rich
Hello, I've searched but can't find a definite answer on this. We'll soon be flying DL on an A330 from ATL-HNL. It looks like this type of plane is equipped on international flights with GoGo global WiFi. Will the same be true on this one? I'm hoping to catch up on work over the Pacific before and after vacation. Thank you.
You should be able to check your flight when accessing your itinerary in My Trips on Delta.com (by using your confirmation or logging into your Skymiles account if you reservation has been associated with your account) and see if the flight has the WiFi symbol in the "Amenities" section when you pull up the trip.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
All wide bodies have satellite WiFi. No need to check.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:20 am

I fly to HNL a lot. The good news is that it won't be billed at the higher international rates and in some instances it will offer you a free connection "where coverage is available," but with that aircraft is 99% of the route. So enjoy.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I'll be on that flight in a few weeks. Interested to know how some folks manage to get a free connection. Is it something that pops up when you first start wifi on your device while on board? Random?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:01 am

Just did ATL-HNL a couple weeks ago. Connection worked great the whole time I used it and it was $10 for a flight pass, totally reasonable.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jalves
I'll be on that flight in a few weeks. Interested to know how some folks manage to get a free connection. Is it something that pops up when you first start wifi on your device while on board? Random?
It just never asked me to login. Mine was on the HNL-ATL. On the ATL-HNL, I used my domestic monthly subscription.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
It just never asked me to login. Mine was on the HNL-ATL. On the ATL-HNL, I used my domestic monthly subscription.
Is it possible you had left yourself logged in? I thought GoGo had an option to remain logged in.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davedeboston
Just did ATL-HNL a couple weeks ago. Connection worked great the whole time I used it and it was $10 for a flight pass, totally reasonable.
Thank you all for the replies. And here I was thinking that if there was global WiFi, I'd have to be paying $30. It sounds like I might even get it for free--or for the $10ish domestic fee at worst. Mahalo.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:11 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Domestic wifi is usually a lot more than $10 if you buy on board unless you've got a sub-500 mile flight. Buy a day pass for $16 ahead of time.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is it possible you had left yourself logged in? I thought GoGo had an option to remain logged in.
The routing of the flight specifics what Gogo charges you, as the system thinks its a domestic route you are only billed the domestic prices. A glitch is that the older Gogo system would only get wifi over the continental US then cut out over the water, since it used the cell towers. Given this, on some flights, you will get an option for coverage "when available" at no charge - meaning they won't charge you for the whole flight because the system thinks you won't have internet access for the entire ride.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the advice. I'm over the Pacific now, half way between CA and HI, and have had good WiFi all the way. I used one of my US Bank free "single flight" Gogo passes. The WiFi has been surprisingly good. I'm not sure if it's a flight thing, or the fact that I'm traveling on a non-business day, with less passenger demand for bandwidth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.