Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nabeelj
Must register: https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acelanding.action?offer=SkyMilesPartners1KOffer

New Partner activity must be completed by June 30, 2017.

Bonus miles post several days after base miles.

Hits expected to result in acquiring miles for less than USD 0.01 per mile:

Skymiles Shopping ($1 Groupon purchase) - 2 + 1000
Skymiles Dining ($2 drink purchase) - 6 + 1000
2K Club Carlson (worth ~$8) - 200 + 1000
1K Amex CA MR (worth ~$14) - 750 + 1000
1K Amex US MR (worth ~$16) - 1000 + 1000
SuperShuttle ($10 no-show ride from airport) - 50 + 1000

Amex US MR and Amex CA MR may not count as unique hits. Not clear if Delta Amex will count as a unique hit from Amex MR.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Link to Offer Page

I found this offer in my bonus tab and my wife and two children had it in their accounts too, looks like it may have started a few days ago but I can't find a thread on it.

Get 1,000 bonus miles for each new SkyMiles partner you use.

Promotional Summary

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Member eligibility: This offer is open to All SkyMiles Members except those residing in the APAC Region.

Offer Registration: offer registration is required.

Offer: Registered SkyMiles members will earn a bonus of 1,000 miles for every new participating non-airline partner they earn miles with between March 24, 2017 to June 30, 2017. The term “New” refers to a partner the member has not earned miles with during the period from March 24, 2016 to March 23, 2017.

Participating Partners: The following non-airline partners are participating in this offer: Credit Card Partners, Hotels, Car Rental, Limo & Shuttle, Cruises and Vacations, Dining, Retail and Specialty, Financial Partners, SkyMiles Shopping and SkyMiles Dining. For a list of partners in each category, please click here. Other categories of partners, including airline partners and Citibank Asia are expressly excluded from this offer.

Eligibility of Transactions: Only accrual partner transactions with an activity date between March 24, 2017 to June 30, 2017 will be considered for bonuses. Activity date is defined as the date of the transaction as reported by the partner regardless of the date the transaction is posted in the member’s account. Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, merchants, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner. Some examples of these cases are: Hotels booked via delta.com Hotels or Agoda.com, merchants under the SkyMiles Shopping program, restaurants under the SkyMiles Dining program, Cruises under the SkyMiles Cruises program, hotel brands under the same Hotel portfolio, partner activity and a points conversion to miles from the same partner and others.

Please allow up to 60 days after the qualifying transaction for bonus miles to be added in your account.

Delta may change the SkyMiles program rules, change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of mileage already accumulated. This offer may be terminated by Delta at any time, with our without notice. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Promotional Reference Code: To enquire about this offer, please refer to code 169004 when contacting any Delta customer service representative.

Last edited by Beckles; Mar 29, 2017 at 6:44 pm Reason: Added link directly to offer page
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

So, what is not clear to me is whether an AMEX Membership Rewards conversion would count separately from Delta AMEX cards as a partner.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Thanks for posting, the offer is in my account as well!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:47 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I got it in my account as well.

Sadly I already use SM Shopping and SM Dining, so the low hanging fruit is gone for me.

Any suggestions on which to go for that don't really require spending any substantial amount of money?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott PE
This was not in my account and will definitely use!

Thanks for posting!!!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by C W
I got it in my account as well.

Sadly I already use SM Shopping and SM Dining, so the low hanging fruit is gone for me.

Any suggestions on which to go for that don't really require spending any substantial amount of money?
For SM Shopping, is there one bonus for the entire category or do you get a bonus for each individual merchant? In other words, could you shop through a merchant that you have never used before? A very small purchase might be worth it for the 1,000 miles if it is per merchant.

Mike
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Beckles
So, what is not clear to me is whether an AMEX Membership Rewards conversion would count separately from Delta AMEX cards as a partner.
Seems pretty clear in the terms:
"Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, merchants, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner."

What's not clear to me is if activity from each partner (say, hotel) counts separately or if you can only get one 1k mile bonus for all hotel activity combined.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The cheapest thing at the Biscoff store is a $9.95 coffee mug (or two jars of cookie butter), so that's at least 5c profit there, more depending how you value pesos

(S&H probably destroys this analysis but oh well)
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:49 am

This is sort of like the old US Airways "grand slam." Not nearly as lucrative but actually kind of fun.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Delta used to do something similar to this but there were bonuses for how may partners your could rack up. That was a fun promo, trying to get as many partners for as cheap as possible.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Zorak
The cheapest thing at the Biscoff store is a $9.95 coffee mug (or two jars of cookie butter), so that's at least 5c profit there, more depending how you value pesos

(S&H probably destroys this analysis but oh well)
You can get a $1.50 bag of candy at Walgreens through shopping and have it delivered to your store for free. I'll put some serious time into this if I can get an answer about whether I get 1,000 points for each of the 800 different stores in shop for miles or if it only counts once.

Mike
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Darn. Should have booked my trip to SEA on AS instead of DL. I would have gained 1000 miles for using them as a partner since the trip will be finished by May 1st.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mikeef
You can get a $1.50 bag of candy at Walgreens through shopping and have it delivered to your store for free. I'll put some serious time into this if I can get an answer about whether I get 1,000 points for each of the 800 different stores in shop for miles or if it only counts once.

Mike
My guess would be once, since it's 1000 miles per partner and the partner is Skymiles Shopping, not Walgreens. I have a Skymiles Shopping transaction in the relevant time period though, so not eligible
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
Originally Posted by dukerau
Seems pretty clear in the terms:
"Some partners offer multiple ways to earn miles under different products, brands, merchants, conversion of currency to miles, etc. These will still be considered as a single partner."
I agree that by the plain meaning of that rule American Express would count the same for Membership Rewards versus AMEX DL cards ... but I think there's a possibility they would consider them separately. I will try, not sure I'll know before the promotion ends how it works out though.

Originally Posted by dukerau
What's not clear to me is if activity from each partner (say, hotel) counts separately or if you can only get one 1k mile bonus for all hotel activity combined.
I'm pretty sure they count separately, so there are multiple opportunities in hotel and car rental to earn more.

Originally Posted by mikeef
For SM Shopping, is there one bonus for the entire category or do you get a bonus for each individual merchant? In other words, could you shop through a merchant that you have never used before? A very small purchase might be worth it for the 1,000 miles if it is per merchant.
By the language dukerau posted above I believe SM Shopping is just one bonus no matter how many different partners you used.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Yeah, I too want to know if it's the bonus for each Skymiles Shopping merchant, or just a single 1000 points for using the Skymiles portal at all (I'm guessing it's the latter).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.