Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nabeelj
Must register: https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acelanding.action?offer=SkyMilesPartners1KOffer

New Partner activity must be completed by June 30, 2017.

Bonus miles post several days after base miles.

Hits expected to result in acquiring miles for less than USD 0.01 per mile:

Skymiles Shopping ($1 Groupon purchase) - 2 + 1000
Skymiles Dining ($2 drink purchase) - 6 + 1000
2K Club Carlson (worth ~$8) - 200 + 1000
1K Amex CA MR (worth ~$14) - 750 + 1000
1K Amex US MR (worth ~$16) - 1000 + 1000
SuperShuttle ($10 no-show ride from airport) - 50 + 1000

Amex US MR and Amex CA MR may not count as unique hits. Not clear if Delta Amex will count as a unique hit from Amex MR.
Print Wikipost

1,000 Bonus Miles for each 'New' Partner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:15 pm

Is the whole Skymiles Shopping site considered as only one partner, or are all the stores within Skymiles Shopping considered individual partners? I have a made a few transactions, but I haven't received the bonus miles yet, only the regular miles for the money spent.

Last edited by erik19283; Jun 21, 2017 at 11:27 pm
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by erik19283
Is the whole Skymiles Shopping site considered as only one partner, or are all the stores within Skymiles Shopping considered individual partners? I have a made a few transactions, but I haven't received the bonus miles yet, only the regular miles for the money spent.
One partner. Are you sure you hadn't used Skymiles Shopping since 24-Mar-16?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj
One partner. Are you sure you hadn't used Skymiles Shopping since 24-Mar-16?
Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. I did receive the bonus once, but afterwards, for the following transactions, only the regular miles, no 1000 miles bonus. I thought each store would have been a single partner, so I was kind of wondering if I had to wait much longer to see miles showing up into my account, or if I had misunderstood and the whole e-shopping site was just one big partner, which unfortunately seems to be the case according to your answer.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by erik19283
I thought each store would have been a single partner
Read the T&C and/or the discussion we had in pages 1-2 of the thread.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Best bang for my buck: 1 SPG point to end up with 1000 DL miles.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
<snip>

Last edited by nabeelj; Jun 30, 2017 at 7:18 am
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I booked airbnb with my son's Delta account and have been denied miles due to name didn't match. (i.e. airbnb under my name but Delta was my son's name)
Any recourse? I lost all the basic points also. Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by milemission
I booked airbnb with my son's Delta account and have been denied miles due to name didn't match. (i.e. airbnb under my name but Delta was my son's name)
Any recourse? I lost all the basic points also. Thanks!
No. Unless the terms allow you need to be the same person named on the SM account as who is making the purchase.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. Unless the terms allow you need to be the same person named on the SM account as who is making the purchase.
But with shopping and dinning name doesn't have to match.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by milemission
But with shopping and dinning name doesn't have to match.
As I said each has their own TC. Also it can come down to who is awarding the miles. For DL SM Shopping, DL SM Shopping is awarding the miles. While with a hotel/airbnb reservation, the hotel/airbnb is the one awarding miles. In fact if you book a hotel stay through DL, you could possibly earn miles from DL for booking hotel through DL, and miles from the hotel for staying. Both can have different TC as to who gets miles.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The Skymiles Shopping T&C has this provision:

http://www.skymilesshopping.com/tc____.htm

"You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any Program registration form and to maintain and promptly update your personal data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we or any of our service providers have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your password and Account, and that you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or Account."

Providing a different name could be argued to be in violation of this.

Regardless, in general loyalty programs are intended to accrue benefits to the member identified by the account number. If some partners, whether through explicit T&C or merely lax programming/security checks, permit accruing points even if a name doesn't match, I wouldn't therefore assume that every partner will allow it.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:05 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by banquero
I went there to take a look at what it was and i'm stuck in an endless loop of email -> password -> skymiles# -> email

I don't even know how to get into the Gilt website
An update on Gilt: I ended up buying a $5 Gilt City voucher and nothing has posted after 2 weeks.

Even though I also had that endless loop problem, the Gilt chat agent was able to confirm that the SkyMiles number was tied to my account (he read the number to me) but said they may not post the miles for 8 full weeks!

Hopefully when it eventually posts, the activity date will be right and actually trigger the partner bonus.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Does earning Delta miles from Starwood through Crossover Rewards count as a different partner from earning Delta miles transfer Starwood points to Delta?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Premier, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, HH Gold
I just got this promo until the end of the year. Were any of the smaller amounted partners able to reward the bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.