Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

TSA Plans to Limit PreCheck to Enrolled Trusted Travelers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Plans to Limit PreCheck to Enrolled Trusted Travelers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:10 pm

I didn't see anything announced on the TSA.gov website.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards, Global Entry
Finally some good news involving the TSA.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by pvn
how many people were still getting this for free? I thought they ended this program a couple of years ago.
My wife and I are still getting it for free. Even got it this week on the last segment of an international itinerary.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
My wife and I are still getting it for free. Even got it this week on the last segment of an international itinerary.
Both my parents have been getting it. My mom has it for both of her flights tomorrow. I'll be curious to see if she has it for her return after 2/1
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by pvn
how many people were still getting this for free? I thought they ended this program a couple of years ago.
They stopped pulling random people from the regular line and sending them through Pre, but they were still randomly selecting frequent travelers and giving Pre. Over the past few years, my mom has had Pre for almost every flight, despite never enrolling in a Pre/Global Entry, and not having medallion status. She just hits the right combination of age (early 60s), gender, and travel patterns.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by pvn

I was still getting it free ~50% of the time and some people that I travel with are still getting it free every single time. Honestly though, the precheck line is often so crowded at my home airport, I was thankful when I started getting phased out so I could just use the premium line which is always empty. The question became which is the bigger annoyance: waiting behind 5 people who don't realize they have to take their shoes off or queuing behind 100 people, 25% of which don't realize they can leave their shoes on?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Bad news for me. I got it but cant get Pre because not a US citizen
maybe Global Entry?

Does Global Entry for UK citizens include TSA Pre?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
I didn't see anything announced on the TSA.gov website.
My sister (an inspector at Sea-Tac) told me this is going to happen with the expansion of a dozen new airlines being added to the PreCheck program.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Awesome news. The PreCheck line at STL is almost always longer than the regular line excluding peak travel days/times.

It'll be nice not having so many clueless kettles bottlenecking the line.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Widgets
My sister (an inspector at Sea-Tac) told me this is going to happen with the expansion of a dozen new airlines being added to the PreCheck program.
Spirit has been added starting today.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:50 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by The Situation
I was thankful when I started getting phased out so I could just use the premium line which is always empty.
having precheck shouldn't prevent you from using the premium line
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by james318
Spirit has been added starting today.
I have a hard time imagining very many flyers who choose Spirit ponying up for PreCheck.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by rickg523
I have a hard time imagining very many flyers who choose Spirit ponying up for PreCheck.
Exactly.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Too bad for the foreign frequent flyers who used to get PRE and cannot enroll due to the US citizenship limitations.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
having precheck shouldn't prevent you from using the premium line

They have a dragon before you enter the premium line. Its always the same lady (she has been there a decade at least) and she knows limited English. The couple of times I tried using the Premium line as precheck, I got told "no, no" and a finger point over to the precheck line. When I use the premium line correctly, she usually nods and in rare instances, I get an "okay." Assessing the situation, just doing what the BP says seems best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.