Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C+ NO Soup For You

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
It could also be a case of the flight attendant wanting to keep a particular snack item for themselves.
Ah, yes. The FlyerTalk classic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...na-bandit.html
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
It could also be a case of the flight attendant wanting to keep a particular snack item for themselves. That has happened several times and reported here. The worst was a flight attendant who took all of the cookies from the F meals and kept them. We had an apologist claim that the cookies must have all been expired and the flight attendant was a super hero for saving everyone.
Well somebody must have had a really bad day to need 12+ cookies on the flight....
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by davetravels
"Were not going to fall for the banana in the tail pipe trick....."

Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
On the snack point. Why does DL serve a midflight snack on flights to NRT from the US, but none on the NRT-US flights? The flights are basically the same length coming and going. While not the sole reason, it's one of a couple reasons I fly back from BKK/SIN via AF/KLM instead of DL.
And why does DL serve a breakfast on NRT-bound flights as the second meal, 90 minutes prior to arrival? From JFK, it's not breakfast either at the departure or arrival point. I've asked about it to a purser, she said they made this comment many times, and nthing has changed over the years.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum
In my experience, the "premium" snacks in EC really under-deliver. While I've never been denied more than two snacks (rarely do I go for three anyways), I have encountered only peanuts, pretzels, and cookies many times. I started just bringing my own premium snacks from home as a rule and not worrying about what will be offered on the flight.

Just another example of how EC isn't the premium cabin Delta markets it to be though.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:30 am

I've found this thread fascinating. It's amazing how people think one's point of view is the only one (and yes I realize the irony here). But the snack basket of Comfort + is not some sort of lagniappe. The fact is that DL advertises premium snacks, and does not impose a limit (and in my opinion, it would be bad marketing to do so, which is likely why they don't). They should not be so cheap on catering, and cater enough so that whatever amount someone wants (short of something extreme, say, 10 bags of chips per person), they should have. And if there is yet another catering mishap, true, it's not the fault of the FAs, but it DL wants to provide these sort of offerings, then it's on their people to ascertain, prior to offering anything, whether there is a catering mishap. Then just announce that, and that unfortunately, you can only have X items.

And I would add that I have had unexpected tight connections on DL due to MX or weather, had not time to grab anything to eat at the connecting airport, at that point have (unexpectedly) gone many many hours without eating, and had to make part of a meal our of a snack basket (BOB is not always there for some reason). So I took maybe 4 or 5 snacks total.

Within a half hour of eating said snacks, I'll admit I didn't feel so great.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
I have never seen a more passionate group about crappy little snacks. Fly coach (since snacks seem to outweigh extra legroom in this group) and spend your money here instead:

https://www.amazon.com/Brookside-Cho.../dp/B00K6J7JVI

This is the equivalent of 64 packs of the Delta-sized Brookfield chocolate covered blueberry flavored goop. Problem solved
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler

And I would add that I have had unexpected tight connections on DL due to MX or weather, had not time to grab anything to eat at the connecting airport, at that point have (unexpectedly) gone many many hours without eating, and had to make part of a meal our of a snack basket (BOB is not always there for some reason). So I took maybe 4 or 5 snacks total.

Within a half hour of eating said snacks, I'll admit I didn't feel so great.
If BOB is not available to C+ customers who are in the front of Y it's either a short flight so it's not offered to anyone and you will have food rather soon when you land, or it is a rare catering issue. In most cases, C+ pax also have first choice of BOB.

For the unforeseen circumstance you describe above, this is why every traveler should pack their own snack. I always have a couple of protein bars or similar in my carry on, because you never know what can happen. It's possible that there could be bad turbulence and that the captain keeps the crew seated for the whole flight. It is possible to end up stuck on a runway for 3 hours, or in an airport terminal overnight.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
If BOB is not available to C+ customers who are in the front of Y it's either a short flight so it's not offered to anyone and you will have food rather soon when you land, or it is a rare catering issue. In most cases, C+ pax also have first choice of BOB.

For the unforeseen circumstance you describe above, this is why every traveler should pack their own snack. I always have a couple of protein bars or similar in my carry on, because you never know what can happen. It's possible that there could be bad turbulence and that the captain keeps the crew seated for the whole flight. It is possible to end up stuck on a runway for 3 hours, or in an airport terminal overnight.
DL has had catering issues for a number of years now, and I have encountered a number of times where they say they don't have BOB when they should. I've no idea why this happens...it's just like many of the other catering snafus I have seen. For BOB it's lost revenue to DL. One would think they would improve on this. Someone here reported that they changed caterers about 1 - 2 years ago, but I have not seen any improvement in this specific area.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I don't know what the big deal is. I just take two---and then grab two away from the FO seated next to me.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I don't know what the big deal is. I just take two---and then grab two away from the FO seated next to me.
This is a traditional and long accepted practice, and entirely appropriate compared to the OP's actions.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This is a traditional and long accepted practice, and entirely appropriate compared to the OP's actions.
It's a rite of passage, similar to rookie hazing, no?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:16 am

Seems strange they were stingy. Usually I take 2 items and sometimes 3 items and the flight attendant will hold the basket in front of me encouraging me to take more until I politely decline.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:42 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The Situation
Seems strange they were stingy. Usually I take 2 items and sometimes 3 items and the flight attendant will hold the basket in front of me encouraging me to take more until I politely decline.
If F, or C+?!?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Damn, where are these premium C+ snacks. I've been stuck on stupid ATL-DFW-ATL roundtrips all year...been missing these...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.