Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All suite business class in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well since DL seems to be in love with PVG, I'd expect a PVG route would get the first bird.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
This is still a Vantage seat which is incredibly narrow and uncomfortable compared to the others out there, the door is nice marketing trick but it doesn't mean this is going to be a great product by any means.

edited with info received below, thanks FT

Last edited by WheelsFirst; Aug 16, 2016 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many of DL's TPAC routes are under 12 hours, especially from SEA. Also, the current routings tend to rotate the TPAC aircraft on to intraAsia destinations, which are all under 12 hours and at best are D1 light service.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I thought the Vantage XL is several inches wider with more storage and desktop space.

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I hate to say it but United's new Polaris offerings look nicer than this.
How so?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
So if I book LAX-SYD late 2017 or ATL-JNB early 2018, what are the odds that I might enjoy this "all suite business class"?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
This is still a Vantage seat which is incredibly narrow and uncomfortable compared to the others out there, the door is nice marketing trick but it doesn't mean this is going to be a great product by any means.
The Vantage XL seat for the A350/777 is about four inches wider than the 767 Vantage seat. This doesn't include additional storage space.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Longboater
The Vantage XL seat for the A350/777 is about four inches wider than the 767 Vantage seat. This doesn't include additional storage space.
That would make a big difference, I'll edit my post above, nice to see the US airlines stepping it up.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Xeno
So if I book LAX-SYD late 2017 or ATL-JNB early 2018, what are the odds that I might enjoy this "all suite business class"?
Slim to none.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Longboater
The picture looks like it must be longer too, in that there's more room in the little aisle between the aisle and the window seat even though if anything the console table looks bigger.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I hate to say it but United's new Polaris offerings look nicer than this.
I can't say I agree, especially with the info from DL's press release I'd say this looks significantly nicer than the Polaris hard product, though I'd be curious if DL have any soft product upgrades planned. Those Polaris lounges look pretty nice.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
That would make a big difference, I'll edit my post above, nice to see the US airlines stepping it up.
If you have some free time, go to the Thompson Aero website and check out the LOPAs for the A350/777 and the 767. It's a very significant difference.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Very happy they are trying to improve D1. Although the current seats have all aisle access, I often find them in poor condition. To me, the new seats look like EY's J seats on their 77L's but with doors, which isn't bad. However, I am interested to see how these seats will compete with Polaris. I don't want to say which is better before trying both.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by DA201
Very happy they are trying to improve D1. Although the current seats have all aisle access, I often find them in poor condition. To me, the new seats look like EY's J seats on their 77L's but with doors, which isn't bad. However, I am interested to see how these seats will compete with Polaris. I don't want to say which is better before trying both.
Using dimensions given by UA and Thompson Aero, the new suite product will be 2-3 inches wider than Polaris. Of course, the biggest question is how wide and deep the footwell will be.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by DA201
Those seats are forward/backwards though. DL's are based on the Vantage XL which is the same seat Qantas and SAS recently installed in A330s and A340s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.