Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:09 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Just an update, I got the conditional approval. After 6 days, and am deciding whether I should drive five hours upto grand portage this friday for an interview, or just wait a couple weeks and fly down to MSY or ELP.
It is all about what is open at the interview center. Some are available next week and others are booked out for several months.

Curiously I was required to get an interview (NEXUS) by US CBP then a week later Canada said I didn't need one and the interview was cancelled.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Some places take walk-ins:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trust...nterviews.html
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Just an update v.2 : Decided to have a little fun.

Flying to MIA (tomorrow morning) for an interview there this Sunday, as I didn't want to drive to anywhere .

So, yeah, quick one-nighter just for the interview -yay
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:22 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Just an update v.2 : Decided to have a little fun.

Flying to MIA (tomorrow morning) for an interview there this Sunday, as I didn't want to drive to anywhere .

So, yeah, quick one-nighter just for the interview -yay
Do you have an appontment or are you trying for a walk-in?

Once done it will take up to a week to get your card, it is mailed from NH.

But you will have our PASSID number on your application page and that is all that is needed to enter in your FF profile in the KTN (Known Traveler Number).
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by puddinhead

But you will have our PASSID number on your application page and that is all that is needed to enter in your FF profile in the KTN (Known Traveler Number).
The card isnt even needed to use GE. Only need for land crossings and to ensure you get access to the Nexus security lane departing Canadian airports.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by puddinhead

Alright. And yes, it's a scheduled interview. They have appointments from 8-8 all week

So, it was the best choice. Flights tanked to MIA so currently enroute to FLL (DL1103 -feel free to stop by 13B and say hi)

Probably will have to reschedule though for sometime earlier tomorrow as we'll have to drive back to FLL for returning but oh well.

UPDATE: Yours truly was able to score a walkin for today

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Oct 1, 2016 at 2:26 pm
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: delta dm
No PDB this morning. First miss in a few yrs when there was plenty if time to do it. Not a huge deal since I have 20 hrs of flying ahead of me and 2 SC stops today but my biggest concern is who is davetravels is gonna rant about if people arent having a PDB prior to 12pm. Just kidding Dave!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:10 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dzflyer
who is who is davetravels is gonna rant about
Well . . . . .

First of all, I can only remember one time recently that I didn't get a PDB, and it was clearly because of a late departure and the FA told us there wouldn't be PDBs.

That said . . . . .

A coupl'a weeks ago, I flew ATL/MEX, and on the J menu, the dessert was supposed to be Warmed Apple Butter Cake with vanilla ice cream. As you can see in the pic, the words "Warmed" and "with vanilla ice cream" were literally CROSSED OUT with a pen! HOW TACKY IS THAT for int'l business class!

I asked the J FA about it, and she said that the B737-700 isn't equipped with enough space to store frozen items, and her oven was too full with the regular menu food, so, she didn't have space to warm the apple butter cake. She claimed that that route should have the int'l version of the B737 that goes to Central America.

Maybe I should have asked for it in Spanish, since the Spanish version wasn't crossed out!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
Well . . . . .

First of all, I can only remember one time recently that I didn't get a PDB, and it was clearly because of a late departure and the FA told us there wouldn't be PDBs.

That said . . . . .

A coupl'a weeks ago, I flew ATL/MEX, and on the J menu, the dessert was supposed to be Warmed Apple Butter Cake with vanilla ice cream. As you can see in the pic, the words "Warmed" and "with vanilla ice cream" were literally CROSSED OUT with a pen! HOW TACKY IS THAT for int'l business class!

I asked the J FA about it, and she said that the B737-700 isn't equipped with enough space to store frozen items, and her oven was too full with the regular menu food, so, she didn't have space to warm the apple butter cake. She claimed that that route should have the int'l version of the B737 that goes to Central America.

Maybe I should have asked for it in Spanish, since the Spanish version wasn't crossed out!
How uncivilized not to be able to warm the apple butter cake. Did you ask for 20000 skymiles in compensation?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:31 am

So Im in the F SC and have all my stuff on the skydeck raised table with absolutley no one around and go back inside briefly for another adult beverage. When I come out, A guy is standing on my chair trying to get a picture of his girlfriend and a 777 pulling into F10. He says sorry I didnt see all your stuff there and as he is getting off the chair manages to spill his drink all over the table just missing my ipad. Cmon dude situational awareness man. He did apologzize and say i was trying to get the money shot....I said of your girlfriend.....he said no of the 777. All was forgiven once I heard that.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dzflyer
He says sorry I didnt see all your stuff there and as he is getting off the chair manages to spill his drink all over the table just missing my ipad. Cmon dude situational awareness man.
I certainly hope you DEMANDED that he transfer 20,000 VALUABLE SkyMiles to your account IMMEDIATELY!

Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Dave, I saw your ad in Sky Magazine.... perfect for keeping track of miles owed due to cold cake & hot linebackers...

Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Dave, I saw your ad in Sky Magazine.... perfect for keeping track of miles owed due to cold cake & hot linebackers...

Or for counting passengers as they board one of those evil ME3 airlines!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by EditingFX

Boyyyyyy, I REALLLLY need to learn how to use Photoshop!

I don't get the hot linebacker thing?!?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
38 Pages and unless I missed it nobody else cares:

For the love of all that is holy, offer half and half or cream for coffee in coach!! Do not hand me that nasty vegetable oil "non dairy creamer" nonsense. It's not creamer at all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.