Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pajamas Coming To Delta One Cabins?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:02 am

I was offered pajamas on a VS flight LHR-DTW and declined. Serious question: where/how are you supposed to change into these PJ's? There is no way I could change into PJ's in an airplane lav. I'm too tall.
OK, I could do it in the one giant handicapped accessible lav I've seen in a few planes, but that was usually back in Y and I'm not going *gasp* behind the curtain!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was just going to ask the same thing... on a lot of the DL intl planes the lavs are still generally small... and I don't want to go in the lav without shoes or slippers on.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
I was offered pajamas on a VS flight LHR-DTW and declined. Serious question: where/how are you supposed to change into these PJ's? There is no way I could change into PJ's in an airplane lav. I'm too tall.
OK, I could do it in the one giant handicapped accessible lav I've seen in a few planes, but that was usually back in Y and I'm not going *gasp* behind the curtain!
The VS jammies are the best - I wear them around the house. Personally I change in my seat under the duvet.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
I'm one to push for nicer amenities in the front cabin, but personally think the PJs are a waste. It isn't so much the changing into them on the ground or early in the flight, but changing out of them near the end of the flight when the bathroom floor is covered in urine. DL seems to be among the worst for cleaning lavs in flight. They are almost-always disgusting.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I'm one to push for nicer amenities in the front cabin, but personally think the PJs are a waste. It isn't so much the changing into them on the ground or early in the flight, but changing out of them near the end of the flight when the bathroom floor is covered in urine. DL seems to be among the worst for cleaning lavs in flight. They are almost-always disgusting.
Urine is the least of your worries. Its just creepy to wear airline PJs. Do you know where those have been?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Not sure which is crazier:

a) People that wear a full suite with jacket on a flight - even cross country.

b) People that wear suit AND an overcoat - even on a short flight

c) People that are unable to wear casual clothes and have to get into jammy/sweatpants, etc

It is just a chair and the temperature is usually somewhat normal.
None of these crazier than Millennials who think the world dresses like Zuckerberg. Career tip - if you look live everyone else at work, you are under-dressed.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
The only time I got them was flying 9W MXP-DEL. It was cool.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Urine is the least of your worries. Its just creepy to wear airline PJs. Do you know where those have been?
The VS ones are brand spanking new....and you can actually change into and out of them with shoes on...thats why they have the expandable bottoms.

That, and you get a hanger to hang your clothes in the closet, and the next morning you have reasonably good looking clothes - as opposed to rumpled ones.....

To each his own.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Free Agent
I am the guy wearing athletic shorts and athletic shirt on every flight. Probably looks like i just left the gym to most people. I get Hot/ sorta sweaty on most every flight i take, i change into dress clothes on arrival. Might have something to do with the pleather seats and crappy flight times i pick.

Current example: MSP-DFW: If im 3am to make a 5am flight and dont have the meeting until 9 there is no way im sleeping/flying in dress clothes no matter how tailored or gucci pimping i am. Overseas i am definitely in a state of coma and pajamas are a must.

You guys in the suits are cray cray.

Note- 28yo in outside sales.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
None of these crazier than Millennials who think the world dresses like Zuckerberg. Career tip - if you look live everyone else at work, you are under-dressed.
Career tip - if you work in a job where your appearance matters more than results, you work for a company with screwed up priorities.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Career tip - if you work in a job where your appearance matters more than results, you work for a company with screwed up priorities.
It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition. It's perfectly valid for a company to care about BOTH results and the overall appearance of the office and employees. There's nothing wrong with a company that has a casual dress code, but there's also nothing wrong with a stricter one. It all depends on the company, the industry, the culture they want to foster, etc. There's no clear cut "best" or "worst" way.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition. It's perfectly valid for a company to care about BOTH results and the overall appearance of the office and employees. There's nothing wrong with a company that has a casual dress code, but there's also nothing wrong with a stricter one. It all depends on the company, the industry, the culture they want to foster, etc. There's no clear cut "best" or "worst" way.
@pbarnette: read up on General George Patton.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I try not to look like a bum for myself, not for my boss.
I change into a PJ the same way as I have sex on the plane, although I tend to use the jacket only.
I forgot to pack a PJ on my last trip and ended up using the VS issue for the trip. Would have be SOL had I flown on DL.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by thesaints
I try not to look like a bum for myself, not for my boss.
I change into a PJ the same way as I have sex on the plane, although I tend to use the jacket only.
I forgot to pack a PJ on my last trip and ended up using the VS issue for the trip. Would have be SOL had I flown on DL.
This post will either bring this thread to a screeching halt or launch it into a 100 pager...
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
The whole idea of changing into pajamas on a plane was foreign to me until I took VA LAX-SYD

Tried them, loved them, would do again. Will never shame anyone for using them.

'thesaints' -- I am pretty sure everyone needs to know your itinerary for the next 12 months when you get a chance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.